Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copyright question
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copyright question Post 302562164 by Dedalus on Thursday 6th of October 2011 08:22:15 AM
Old 10-06-2011
Copyright question

Hi

I hope this is the right section to post.
My question is about copyrighted code.

If I read some copyrighted source code to learn something new and then I would like to reuse one idea I liked what is the boundary to avoid rights problems?

I mean, for example, is there the chance to reuse the idea or not at all? , or (just for example) Can I use up to 3 equals code lines? or there are some different criteria?

thanks in advance

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copyright Symbol?

Anyone know how to have the copyright symbol display without using the '@' sign or the '(c)' key combinations? Is it available? Not important, just my a... retentive side wishing to shore up some scripts with a true copyright symbol. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spieterman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append copyright to all files?

I have one file that contain copyright notice, that I would like to append to all files in our directory structure (excluding binaries). How can I do that? Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update copyright header on a folder

Hi, I have multiple shell scripts in diffrent folders on server. Most of them contain copyright information like on the third line * Copyright © 2004, 2005, My Inc. All rights reserved. I need to change these headers to * Copyright © 2003, 2009, My Inc. All rights reserved. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
2 Replies