Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Create LOG and Validate for this Script Post 302562013 by anishkumarv on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 05:15:14 PM
Old 10-05-2011
Sorry Man..I missed to post here..but using EOFMYSQL statement only i run myscript -- i got error only

ya 100% working

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

permissions to create log file from script

hi all, have a script which i am using to generate a log file. i use "touch out.log" command to create the file and later on i want to echo lines to this file. for some reason it keeps giving me this error when i try and create the file ; touch: out.log cannot create i have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a log file of a script?

hi, How to create a log file of a script. Like spool does . I want to create a log file of whatever the script is doing step wise. like -xvf does or something better then that. thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madfox
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to create a script to parse log files

Hello everybody, I need some help here to create a script to parse a log file. Here is a sample of the log file : 0x42258940 (Debug) Cache SUMMARY attrs now/668 min/668 max/668. 0x42258940 (Debug) RSVD SUMMARY reserved space max requested/128 MB accounted now/0 MB 0x42258940 (Debug)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
12 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell script that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching pattern

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write an automated shell program(s) that can create, monitor the log files and report the issues for matching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itian2010
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script creation(How to validate SID?)

I was going write a script from following site. Unix Shell Script to Execute Oracle SQL Query (link removed) My configuration setting for oracle XE. export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID=XE but after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me validate script

Hi Guys, Im a newbie to scripting and have a small assignment. can someone please confirm if the script i have written would work fine as we dont have a test server to test :( Scenario - copy 2 files from an ftp server (windows) to a linux machine (a perticular folder). run 2 different... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishantvshah
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create archive and nil the content of log file using script

Plese help I need a urgent requirement. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log) file to 0 kb and then in the archive folder log files are name to test.tar test1.tar test2.tar EX: /home/abc/ test.log ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

8. AIX

Script to validate between two environments

Hi, I trust that you are well - I'm a bit new into AIX and I've been assigned a task to write a script that will always validate between our two Prod (Prod A and Prod B) environments to confirm which prod we live at. The two environments are exact replicas and this check I need to put in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twaggzk
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create, validate and using dynamic variables in Bash scripting

Hi All, I am really struggling to solve this problem, this might be small but I am not able to, can somebody help me? I have few directories and these directories receives text files in large amount with in fraction of seconds. So I just want to send all the files in current directory to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VasuKukkapalli
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to develop a bash script to create customized report from the server log

Hi, I need to develop a bash script to create customized report from the server log (red hat 5.8 64 bit Operating system). The following is one of the log for our internal application task. <2015.03.03 20:09:52 274 +0800><I><DSCTH01><http-0.0.0.0-443-2><security> GUI request succeeded for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pugazhendhi_r
1 Replies
AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)						    Miscellanea 						 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)

NAME
amanda-scripts - Configuring and using the Script API DESCRIPTION
The Script API is a flexible system for invoking user-supplied scripts at various points in the execution of Amanda. This manual page describes the operation and configuration of the API. For help writing Script API scripts, see http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Script_API. SCRIPTS
This section lists the scripts included with Amanda, see the individual man page for instructions on using them. For complete How-To information, consult the Amanda wiki at http://wiki.zmanda.com. o amzfs-snapshot(8), - create/destroy zfs snapshot. o script-email(8), - send email. Script properties work just like application properties: they are insensitive to case, and - (dash) and _ (underscore) may be used interchangeably. SCRIPTS OUTPUT PROPERTY
A pre-dle-amcheck, pre-dle-estimate or pre-dle-backup executed on the client can output property on stdout that are sent to the application. If the output line matches "PROPERTY str1 str2", Amanda sets a property called "str1" by the value of "str2", that property is sent to the application. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMANDA-SCRIPTS(7)