Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Organizing C++ Code
Top Forums Programming Organizing C++ Code Post 302561951 by kristinu on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 03:10:23 PM
Old 10-05-2011
Yep, I've been following your comments

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help organizing a music directory with sub directories.

Hello all, I used to have a great script and I lost it :( What the script did was searched a directory named say "music" It searched all sub directories for .mp3 files Then placeed all the .mp3's into a directory of the band name It also renamed the .mps "track#, band name, album name" (I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: komputersman
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing a log

I have a bunch of log files generated from a shell script, its all of my facebook friends and if theyre logged in. Each file is a different person. It runs every 5 minutes. The log file is just the date and time, then 1 if theyre logged in or 0 if theyre not. part of one of the files is: Mon Aug... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killer54291
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing Files

Hi, I'm fairly new at scripting. I need to write a script that takes files from a source directory puts them in a target directory and sorts them by artist name. This is what I have so far #!/bin/bash source_dir='/home/tcindy/songs' target_dir='/home/tcindy/music' for path in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcindy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing log

Hello, Following are the log of my sms application COMMAND: #tail -30 /var/log/smsd.log | grep Message_id | awk '{print $1,$2,$9}' OUTPUT: 2011-02-21 12:16:20,5, 03218975857, 2011-02-21 12:16:26,5, 03323048252, 2011-02-21 12:16:53,5, 03323048252, 2011-02-21 12:16:59,5,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: telnor
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with organizing some non regular text

hey im trying to get the hex diffrences in two files ones called new and the other is named old i want it to phrase into my script, heres how i need the info: input='\x'94 #the new 1 byte hex change offset=00000000 #the 1st offset of the difference patch unset input offset input='\x'34... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisdenny
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Organizing text file by Capital Names (capital word ' ' capital word)

Hi I have a file passwd_exmpl that contains: root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash bin:x:1:1:bin:/bin:/sbin/nologin daemon:x:2:2:daemon:/sbin:/sbin/nologin adm:x:3:4:adm:/var/adm:/sbin/nologin lp:x:4:7:lp:/var/spool/lpd:/sbin/nologin sync:x:5:0:sync:/sbin:/bin/sync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eladage
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in organizing the data in UNIX

I have an output file in the form Hostname Value1=abc Value2=def Value3=xyz Hostname1 Value1=abc1 Value2=def1 Value3=xyz1 Hostname2 Value1=abc2 Value2=def2 Value3=xyz2 | | | And so on….. I need to export this output into csv so then it should be in format (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies
VORBISCOMMENT(1)						 Ogg Vorbis Tools						  VORBISCOMMENT(1)

NAME
vorbiscomment - List or edit comments in Ogg Vorbis files SYNOPSIS
vorbiscomment [-l] [-R] [-e] file.ogg vorbiscomment -a [ -c commentfile | -t "name=value" ] [-q] [-R] [-e] in.ogg [out.ogg] vorbiscomment -w [ -c commentfile | -t "name=value" ] [-q] [-R] [-e] in.ogg [out.ogg] DESCRIPTION
vorbiscomment Reads, modifies, and appends Ogg Vorbis audio file metadata tags. OPTIONS
-a, --append Append comments. -c file, --commentfile file Take comments from a file. The file is the same format as is output by the the -l option or given to the -t option: one element per line in 'tag=value' format. If the file is /dev/null and -w was passed, the existing comments will be removed. -h, --help Show command help. -l, --list List the comments in the Ogg Vorbis file. -q, --quiet Quiet mode. No messages are displayed. -t 'name=value', --tag 'name=value' Specify a new tag on the command line. Each tag is given as a single string. The part before the '=' is treated as the tag name and the part after as the value. -w, --write Replace comments with the new set given either on the command line with -t or from a file with -c. If neither -c nor -t is given, the new set will be read from the standard input. -R, --raw Read and write comments in UTF-8, rather than converting to the user's character set. -e, --escapes Quote/unquote newlines and backslashes in the comments. This ensures every comment is exactly one line in the output (or input), allowing to filter and round-trip them. Without it, you can only write multi-line comments by using -t and you can't reliably dis- tinguish them from multiple one-line comments. Supported escapes are c-style " ", " ", "\" and "". A backslash followed by anything else is an error. Note: currently, anything after the first "" is thrown away while writing. This is a bug -- the Vorbis format can safely store null characters, but most other tools wouldn't handle them anyway. -V, --version Display the version of vorbiscomment. EXAMPLES
To just see what comment tags are in a file: vorbiscomment -l file.ogg To edit those comments: vorbiscomment -l file.ogg > file.txt [edit the comments in file.txt to your satisfaction] vorbiscomment -w -c file.txt file.ogg newfile.ogg To simply add a comment: vorbiscomment -a -t 'ARTIST=No One You Know' file.ogg newfile.ogg To add a set of comments from the standard input: vorbiscomment -a file.ogg ARTIST=No One You Know ALBUM=The Famous Album <ctrl-d> TAG FORMAT
See http://xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html for documentation on the Ogg Vorbis tag format, including a suggested list of canonical tag names. AUTHORS
Program Authors: Michael Smith <msmith@xiph.org> Ralph Giles <giles@xiph.org> Manpage Author: Christopher L Cheney <ccheney@debian.org> SEE ALSO
oggenc(1), oggdec(1), ogg123(1), ogginfo(1) Xiph.Org Foundation December 30, 2008 VORBISCOMMENT(1)