Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change XML file structure script Post 302561842 by Shell_Life on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 10:45:38 AM
Old 10-05-2011
I read your requirements three times and I still could not figure it out.

You have a large project.

Quote:
I really hope you could help me with this. I'm a kind of beginner in this type of scripts.
Why do you have to write a solution using unix shell script?

Try using a compiled language.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change function structure with perl (regExp)

Hello all i have some function what looks like this class.method("servantName").servantMethod(arg1,arg2,arg3) now i need to convert it to : class.method("servantName","servantMethod",arg1,arg2,arg3); is there any wasy way to do that consider that the arg1+2+3 can be also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for a writing the directory structure to a file

Hi All, I am new user of shell scripting has come up with a problem. that I have a directory structure like : Home | |--------A | |----trunk | |-------A_0_1/ | | | |-------A_0_2/ | |--------B | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To change Specific Lines in An XML file

hi Guys, this is my requirement, there is a huge xml file of this i have to change 3 lines with out opening the file /users/oracle > cat lnxdb-pts-454.xml|egrep "s_virtual|s_cluster|s_dlsnstatus" <cluster_port oa_var="s_clusterServicePort">9998</cluster_port> <host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smarlaku
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change attribute value in xml using shell script

hi, i am new to unix and i have a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------- sebben.xml <envelope> <email> sebben@example.com </email> </envelope> script_mail written in the vi editor. #!/bin/sh script to change the value in attribute <email> echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebbenw
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to change values in xml file?

I have xml file like below, i want change the values at default-value place of each argument name using shell script. like where argument name= protocol and default-value=tcp, where argument name =port and default-value= 7223, where argument name = username and default-value=test, example ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: s1s2s3s4
12 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD