Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Adding information to c file using perl Post 302561812 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 08:58:28 AM
Old 10-05-2011
I assume that the testnames are the keys of your hash and that you need to add the value?
So read the c file and if you match any of the test names
Code:
#hint
$test_expression="(" . join("|", keys %tests).")" ;

Then print the description after printing the line
Otherwise just print the line.
Now copy the output back over the original.
This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: adding columns in CSV file with information in each

Hi Wise UNIX Crew, I want to add 3 different columns to the file in which: 1. The first new column pulls in today's date and time 2. Second column one has a '0' 3. Third column has the word 'ANY' going down the column If my file content is as follows: "7","a","abc",123"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dolo21taf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant get perl to pull information right

Hello, I cant get the perl script to pull the information from Sark DNS 4.X Options ACL Templates= and other= Can someone look at the script to see why and fix it please. FYI..Under Sark DNS 4.x ACL Templates= and other= has an indent/tab, not sure if thats the reason my the script... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
24 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding new lines to a file + adding suffix to a pattern

I need some help with adding lines to file and substitute a pattern. Ok I have a file: #cat names.txt name: John Doe stationed: 1 name: Michael Sweets stationed: 41 . . . And would like to change it to: name: John Doe employed permanently stationed: 1-office (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemo21
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file information using ffmpeg in perl

I am trying to print file information using ffmpeg tool in perl Here is my code use strict; use warnings; use IPC::Open3; # example my $filename = $ARGV; my %videoInfo = videoInfo($filename); print "duration: " . $videoInfo{'duration'} . "\n"; print "durationsecs: " .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to print file information - newbie

Hi I have a perl script that prints all the video and audio file information(playing duration). It works fine in one of my friends linux laptop. But it doesn't work in my both windows and linux. My friend told me I have to do install some module ( ppm instal ...... ) but I have no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srijith
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing information in perl

So i'm trying to write a perl script that logins into a network switch via ssh: #sh ip traffic IP statistics: Rcvd: 1460119147 total, 563943377 local destination 0 format errors, 0 checksum errors, 48401998 bad hop count 0 unknown protocol, 8379279 not a gateway ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl - adding columns to file

I have a file in which I need to add more columns to based on a key in the first file: File1 key1,abc,123, key2,def,456, key3,ghi,789, File2 key2,zyx,111,qqq, key3,yuu,222,www, key1,pui,333,eee, key4,xxx,999,rrr, I would like to create the following output: Output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
1 Replies

8. Web Development

Tapatalk Modification for vB3 - Adding User for System Information

Referring back to this thread: Tapatalk Modification for vB3 - Issue with Avatar Icons I mentioned that we had some "system bot" code: In this post, I describe that code and how easy it is to create a "system bot" user for Tapatalk (TT): Basically, its quite easy. We add a hook to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract information from a file line by line

In the below perl code I am using tags within each line to extract certain information. The tags that are used are: STB >0.8 is STRAND BIAS otherwise GOOD FDP is the second number GO towards the end of the line is read into an array and the value returned is outputed, in the first line that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Adding to an array in an external file, and adding elements to it.

I have an array in an external file, "array.txt", which contains: char *testarray={"Zero", "One", "Two", "Three", "Four", "Five", "Six", "Seven", "Eight", "Nine"};I want to be able to add an element to this array, and have that element display, whenever I call it, without having to recompile... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius
29 Replies
Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)

NAME
Tie::Hash::Regex - Match hash keys using Regular Expressions SYNOPSIS
use Tie::Hash::Regex; my %h; tie %h, 'Tie::Hash::Regex'; $h{key} = 'value'; $h{key2} = 'another value'; $h{stuff} = 'something else'; print $h{key}; # prints 'value' print $h{2}; # prints 'another value' print $h{'^s'}; # prints 'something else' print tied(%h)->FETCH(k); # prints 'value' and 'another value' delete $h{k}; # deletes $h{key} and $h{key2}; or (new! improved!) my $h : Regex; DESCRIPTION
Someone asked on Perlmonks if a hash could do fuzzy matches on keys - this is the result. If there's no exact match on the key that you pass to the hash, then the key is treated as a regex and the first matching key is returned. You can force it to leap straight into the regex checking by passing a qr'ed regex into the hash like this: my $val = $h{qr/key/}; "exists" and "delete" also do regex matching. In the case of "delete" all vlaues matching your regex key will be deleted from the hash. One slightly strange thing. Obviously if you give a hash a regex key, then it's possible that more than one key will match (consider c<$h{qw/./}>). It might be nice to be able to do stuff like: my @vals = $h{$pat}; to get all matching values back. Unfortuately, Perl knows that a given hash key can only ever return one value and so forces scalar context on the "FETCH" call when using the tied interface. You can get round this using the slightly less readable: my @vals = tied(%h)->FETCH($pat); ATTRIBUTE INTERFACE From version 0.06, you can use attributes to define your hash as being tied to Tie::Hash::Regex. You'll need to install the module Attribute::Handlers. METHODS
FETCH Get a value from the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. EXISTS See if a key exists in the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. DELETE Delete a key from the hash. If there isn't an exact match try a regex match. AUTHOR
Dave Cross <dave@mag-sol.com> Thanks to the Perlmonks <http://www.perlmonks.org> for the original idea and to Jeff "japhy" Pinyan for some useful code suggestions. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-8, Magnum Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl(1). perltie(1). Tie::RegexpHash(1) perl v5.10.0 2008-06-30 Tie::Hash::Regex(3pm)