Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add and divide each numbers with the added number Post 302561497 by shoaibjameel123 on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 09:51:57 AM
Old 10-04-2011
Add and divide each numbers with the added number

Hi All,

I am stuck with this problem.

I have some 100000 (.dat) 1.dat, 2.dat,3.dat etc until 100000.dat files which look like this:

1.dat
Code:

All my files 1.dat until 100000.dat look the same but with different numbers.

I have to first add all the numbers in each file and divide each number with that number and store the result in .div file.

This is what I mean:
Lets take above example: 1.dat
1. I add all the numbers present in 1.dat. The result is: 15.53

2. Now I divide each number in this 1.dat file with 15.53

That is

Code:
1/15.53
2/15.53
3/15.53
4/15.53
0.99/15.53
4.54/15.53

and my final 1.div will look like this:
Code:

I have to follow the same procedure for all my other files that is create 2.div, 3.div for its corresponding .dat files that is for 4.dat, I create 4.div, 5.dat, I create 5.div and so on.

I have tried this but I guess there are minor mistakes. Moreover, it is not iterating over all the files in the directory.

Code:
BEGIN{ FS="," }
{
    for(i=1;i <=  NF;i++)
    {
        total[i]+=$i;
    }
    numberColumn=NF;
}
END{
    for (i=1;i <= numberColumn;i++)
    {
        media=total[i]/NR;
        printf("%.2f|%.2f\n",media);
    }
}

I am using Linux with BASH.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to replace many numbers with one number in a file

How to replace many numbers with one number in a file. Many numbers like 444565,454678,443298,etc. i want to replace these with one number (300).Please halp me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpandey
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide numbers into intervals

divide input values into specified number (-100 or -200) according to the key (a1 or a2 ....) For ex: if we give -100 in the command line it would create 100 number intervals (1-100, 100-200, 200-300) untill it covers the value 300 in a1. Note: It should work the same even with huge numbers... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruby_sgp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

the smallest number from 90% of highest numbers from all numbers in file

Hello All, I am having problem to find what is the smallest number from 90% of highest numbers from all numbers in file. I am having file with thousands of lines and hundreds of columns. I am familiar mainly with bash but I am open to whatever suggestion witch will lead to the solutions. If I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Apfik
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Closest Number from a Range of Numbers

out of a range of numbers, how can i pick out the number that is the closest to any arbitrary/random number that a user supplies? say the range of numbers are between 1 - 90000. but that doesn't mean each number exist between 1 - 90000. the range of numbers could be for example: 1, 3, 4, 6,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print number of records, divide this number

I would like to print the number of records of 2 files, and divide the two numbers awk '{print NR}' file1 > output1 awk '{print NR}' file2 > output2 paste output1 output2 > output awl '{print $1/$2}' output > output_2 is there a faster way? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmerc
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print numbers between two number ranges

Hi, I have a list.txt file with number ranges and want to print/save new all.txt file with all the numbers and between the numbers. == list.txt == 65936 65938 65942 && 65943 65945 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to Divide a negative number in bash script

I am using a small script to divide some numbers in a given file and display the output in another file. I am getting the following error basename: invalid option -- '5' Try `basename --help' for more information. (standard_in) 1: syntax error The script is : #!/bin/bash for i in `cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmnr877
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide number of lines by the size of the same file. And create relational table.

I basically need to do what the title says. I have my text file. I'm still pretty new at this. At the moment I know that: 1. wc -l file.txt To get the number of lines. 2. ls -lh file.txt To get the file size. But I need to divide both numbers. Then I need to save the output in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: PainMaker101
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to divide/expand first digit to show some numbers

Hello to everyone, I have this complex problem and I don't how to do it. I'm not sure if awk could be a good choice to do it or could be easiest in bash or perl. A kind of introduction would be: - I have a digit, lets say 3. - I can expand/spread out the digit 3 to cover all possible... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide the numbers in file

Dear ALL, I have sample file : tx_bytes: 2422, tx_packets: 13, uptime: 16119, tx_bytes: 2342, tx_packets: 14, uptime: 11009, tx_bytes: 252, tx_packets: 12, uptime: 3113, my formula : minutes=$(( uptime/60%60 )) hours=$(( uptime/60/60%24 )) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnulyn
3 Replies
TRACE-CMD-RESTORE(1)													      TRACE-CMD-RESTORE(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-restore - restore a failed trace record SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd restore [OPTIONS] [command] cpu-file [cpu-file ...] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) restore command will restore a crashed trace-cmd-record(1) file. If for some reason a trace-cmd record fails, it will leave a the per-cpu data files and not create the final trace.dat file. The trace-cmd restore will append the files to create a working trace.dat file that can be read with trace-cmd-report(1). When trace-cmd record runs, it spawns off a process per CPU and writes to a per cpu file usually called trace.dat.cpuX, where X represents the CPU number that it is tracing. If the -o option was used in the trace-cmd record, then the CPU data files will have that name instead of the trace.dat name. If a unexpected crash occurs before the tracing is finished, then the per CPU files will still exist but there will not be any trace.dat file to read from. trace-cmd restore will allow you to create a trace.dat file with the existing data files. OPTIONS
-c Create a partial trace.dat file from the machine, to be used with a full trace-cmd restore at another time. This option is useful for embedded devices. If a server contains the cpu files of a crashed trace-cmd record (or trace-cmd listen), trace-cmd restore can be executed on the embedded device with the -c option to get all the stored information of that embedded device. Then the file created could be copied to the server to run the trace-cmd restore there with the cpu files. If *-o* is not specified, then the file created will be called 'trace-partial.dat'. This is because the file is not a full version of something that trace-cmd-report(1) could use. -t tracing_dir Used with -c, it overrides the location to read the events from. By default, tracing information is read from the debugfs/tracing directory. -t will use that location instead. This can be useful if the trace.dat file to create is from another machine. Just tar -cvf events.tar debugfs/tracing and copy and untar that file locally, and use that directory instead. -k kallsyms Used with -c, it overrides where to read the kallsyms file from. By default, /proc/kallsyms is used. -k will override the file to read the kallsyms from. This can be useful if the trace.dat file to create is from another machine. Just copy the /proc/kallsyms file locally, and use -k to point to that file. -o output' By default, trace-cmd restore will create a trace.dat file (or trace-partial.dat if -c is specified). You can specify a different file to write to with the -o option. -i input By default, trace-cmd restore will read the information of the current system to create the initial data stored in the trace.dat file. If the crash was on another machine, then that machine should have the trace-cmd restore run with the -c option to create the trace.dat partial file. Then that file can be copied to the current machine where trace-cmd restore will use -i to load that file instead of reading from the current system. EXAMPLES
If a crash happened on another box, you could run: $ trace-cmd restore -c -o box-partial.dat Then on the server that has the cpu files: $ trace-cmd restore -i box-partial.dat trace.dat.cpu0 trace.dat.cpu1 This would create a trace.dat file for the embedded box. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-RESTORE(1)