Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting invoke this command after every 10 mins Post 302561408 by vbe on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 05:06:20 AM
Old 10-04-2011
Closed!
User banned for flagrant disregard of rules... As all attempts to ask you to use code tags remained unsuccessful, your original account was set temporarily as Read Only... You are NOT to recreate a new account to bypass your Status AND continue to ignore the rules as if nothing happened!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to run a command after 30 mins

how to schedule a command to run after 30 mins ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gridview
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a command automatically after every 10 mins

Hi friends, I need to write a script which runs a command (on that particular server only) after every 10 mins, and the contents are also echoed on that very terminal only. And then I need to compare the last two outputs, and mail if there is any difference in the last two outputs. Can we set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i invoke SU command in shell script

Hi All , i am trying to switch user (from unix1 to unix 2 ) The user will give me the input and also the password . also how can i login into with the password . itried several attempts . no luck Can any one help on this !!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to securely invoke a Solaris privildged command (root) remotely?

Hi, What I would like to do "securely" is the following. From one central server invoke a script that does the following. --Store user/name passwords. (password possibly encrypted in config file) --From the central server invoke a privileged command (i.e. route add) on multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topstuff
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke unix variable in SED command

Hi, I am trying tio invoke unix variable in a sed command like below, but it seems to be failing.. a=1 sed -n '$a,$p' file.txt ### Failing but a=1 sed -n '1,$p' files.txt ### Works fine Please help me to fix this... Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjayraghavan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the particular command continously for 30 mins in perl?

Hi, I have command that should run continuously for 30 mins but not every day not once in a week , not one in a month. whenever i call that particular program that command should run for 30 mins and stop. #Contents of test.pl `ls -l *.txt`; #some other lines of code to print ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke fork command

Hi, I have startup shell script called "xxxxx" for Jboss server which is taking more than expected timeline to complete the process, here I want to use the fork command to start the child process for non dependent component I have a scheduler called "yyyy" which is currently getting invoked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish76
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail command | takes 10 mins.

I'm trying to send a e-mail through a shell script using the mail command. TO=your_mail@gmail.c,my_mail@gmail.com mail -s "This is a mail" $TO < Message.txt I receive mail only after 15-20mins but if i specify on 1 email id, I get the mail in seconds. Why is this happening? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocker_me2002
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve logs generated in last 10 mins from a log file using 'grep' command

HI All, I have a log file where the logs will be in the format as given below: 2011-05-25 02:32:51 INFO PROCESS STARTING 2011-05-25 02:32:52 INFO PROCESS STARTED . . . I want to retrieve only the logs which are less than 5 mins older than current time using grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvhg16
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need logs 5 mins old

I need 5 mins old logs to be dumped into a a new file. The date formats in the two log files are Can you suggect for both formats ? bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS myserver 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v ---------- Post updated 05-04-16 at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous update was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
DH_UCF(1)                                                            Debhelper                                                           DH_UCF(1)

NAME
dh_ucf - register configuration files with ucf SYNOPSIS
dh_ucf [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-n] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_ucf is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the postinst and postrm commands that register files with ucf(1) and ucfr(1). FILES
debian/package.ucf List pairs of source and destination files to register with ucf. Each pair should be put on its own line, with the source and destination separated by whitespace. Both source and destination must be absolute paths. The source should be a file that is provided by your package, typically in /usr/share/, while the destination is typically a file in /etc/. A dependency on ucf will be generated in ${misc:Depends}. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. -n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/postrm scripts. Turns this command into a no-op. file ... Install these info files into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> Jeroen Schot <schot@a-eskwadraat.nl> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_UCF(1)