Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: blank space
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers blank space Post 302561394 by Reham.Donia on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 04:06:03 AM
Old 10-04-2011
MySQL blank space

hi everyone,
i have a problem in unix script , i need to remove line that has blank , not blank line .
example: mahm,,jdggkhsd,ghskj,,fshjkl
can anyone help?

Last edited by radoulov; 10-04-2011 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Code tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append blank space

Hi, I would like to add blank space for fixed length(50) if length of string <30. Scenario: File Size AAA.CSV 123 BB.CSV 134 Expected: File Size AAA.CSV 123 BB.CSV 134 I want append blank space until 30 character. Thanks and Regards, HAA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HAA
1 Replies

2. AIX

How can i replace a character with blank space?

i want a command for my script!!! say file consists of character 123 125 127. i need a query to replace the number 2 with 0 so the output should be 103 105 107. i use unix-aix (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut last blank space

Hello, I am using this to get only directories : ls -l | grep '^d'and here is the result : drwx------ 13 so_nic sonic 13 Nov 4 13:03 GLARY drwx------ 3 so_nic sonic 3 May 6 2010 PSY2R drwx------ 15 so_nic sonic 15 Oct 14 08:47 PSYR1 But I only need to keep this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

String starting with blank space

Dear Masters, Need your help for this small query. I am trying to get all the strings that starts with a blank space as output. Limitation is , it should be done only through AWK. Input will be: aa _1bbb c-ccc ddd eeeee ff Output should be: _1bbb c-ccc eeee ff (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patric2326
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace colon with blank space

Dear Gurus, I have a unix file with multiple colons on each row, and I would like to replace each colon with a blank space using the awk command. For example, I have the following data: Data: --------- A~000000000000518000~SLP:~99991231~20090701~00102.00~USD:~CS:~... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want non-interpretation of blank space using cat

I have a file say ADCD which is like following--> Please consider 'z' as space #cat ADCD <!--Yzzz|z--> <!--Nzzzzz--> Now I want to store the content of this file to a variable say VAR like this--> #VAR=`cat ADCD` #echo $VAR <!--Yz|z--> <!--Nz--> Now I don' t want the variable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muchyog
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not delete space blank

Hi everyone, i need to "grep" a file with a string with space blanks, like this: grep "XXXX XX" file.txt The problem, i need put the "XXXX XX" in a string variable. When the script executes the grep, do: gresp XXXX XX file.txt How can i solve this problem? The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing blank space using VI

Hi, How to remove blank spaces using vi (I am using AIX)? #cat siva.txt AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF Need to remove space between 2 columns. Regards, Siva (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding word in blank space

Hi, var=QSB SBD SDN SGJ SJP SKB SKD SLP SML SNB SRE SRG STP TAJ UMP UNO VKS VND VNS WAH ZRR I have to put *.sql after every word What I did echo $var>/root/file1.sql sed -i 's/ /*.sql /g' file1.sql cat file1.sql Output QSB*.sql SBD*.sql SDN*.sql SGJ*.sql SJP*.sql SKB*.sql... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to identify blank space in a file

Hello, I have a dictionary of over 400,000 words with the following structure source=target The database contains single words as well as phrases. To train the data, I need only mappings with out a space i.e. where both source and target do not have any space in between. I use Ultraedit as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
4 Replies
ISBLANK(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						ISBLANK(3)

NAME
isblank -- blank-space character test LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <ctype.h> int isblank(int c); DESCRIPTION
The isblank() function tests for the standard blank-space characters. The standard blank-space characters are the following: ' ' Space character. Horizontal tab. In the ``C'' locale, isblank() returns true only for the standard blank-space characters. RETURN VALUES
The isblank() function returns zero if the character tests false and returns non-zero if the character tests true. SEE ALSO
ctype(3), isalnum(3), isalpha(3), isascii(3), iscntrl(3), isdigit(3), isgraph(3), islower(3), isprint(3), ispunct(3), isspace(3), isupper(3), isxdigit(3), stdio(3), toascii(3), tolower(3), toupper(3), ascii(7) CAVEATS
The argument to isblank() must be EOF or representable as an unsigned char; otherwise, the behavior is undefined. See the CAVEATS section of ctype(3) for more details. BSD
April 17, 2008 BSD