Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a file and sending mail by shell scripting? Post 302561351 by sukhdip on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 02:05:22 AM
Old 10-04-2011
Hey Guys reply plz Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with GPG Scripting and sending mail when done!!!

I am very new to linux so please explain things to me like I was not from this world. I never wanted to learn linux, but since the other IT person is gone, I was the only one left. So now I have been messing around with it alot, and I really like it. Bought a few books, and CBT's to get use to it,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vscott
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending a mail using shell script

Please help me in writing the script for sending an attachment through email.(For example my text file name is :abc.txt and it is in directory d:/abc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha126
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading a file and sending mail based on content of the file

Hi Gurus, I am having an requirement. i have to read a list file which contains file names and send mail to different users based on the files in the list file. eg. if file a.txt exists then send a mail to a@a.com simillary for b.txt,c.txt etc. Thanks for your help, Nimu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimu1979
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading fixed length flat file and calling java code using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and I have to to the following I have a flat file with storename(lenth 20) , emailaddress(lenth 40), location(15). There is NO delimiters in that file. Like the following str00001.txt StoreName emailaddress location... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willywilly
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating log file and sending mail?

Hi , I am trying to create shell script which will help me to compare file name in two folder. There is a multiple file store in 2 folder.I want to compare that with the name. If all the file are same then send a mail that "all date is same" if not then create one log file which contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: san_dy123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script not sending mail

Hi, I have shell script which checks the filesystem check but does not send the mail. I might be missing something very simple.. could you please help? #!/bin/sh _servers="machine name" _out="/tmp/output.$$" _email="me@there.com" _sub="Disk Space Report $(date)" _mail=/usr/bin/mail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pandee
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from shell script

Hello All, I m trying to send mail from my unix script, I have used the below command mailx -s 'hi' email address < temp.txt It is not giving me any error,but I couldn't receive the mail Can you please help me. Many Thanks, Pragyan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail via shell script

I am in need of a script that will send out emails while going through a NAT. What I have that works is as follows: display_remote_IP | sort | uniq | while read i do FOUND=0 for IP in `echo $ACCEPTABLEIP` do if ; then FOUND=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldapguy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for checking the last image and sending it in attachment to mail

Hello every one. I use mutt : "mpack -s "Test" /home/pi/Pictures/2018-10-05_23_10_40.jpg my_email_addres " to send me a particular picture with the name of the data+jpg in a pictures folder, but this folder I use it for a timelapse proyect with more pictures , and what I need is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxbcn
2 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)