Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script Testing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Testing Post 302560590 by jayan_jay on Friday 30th of September 2011 08:53:23 AM
Old 09-30-2011
you are calling functions, better run the script with "bash" shell
for me, its working good ..
Code:
$ cat filename
#!/bin/bash
function usage
{
        pwd
        date
}
case $1 in
        1)
        echo "hi"
        ;;
        2)
        echo "bye"
        ;;
        *)
        usage
        ;;
esac
$ bash filename 1
hi
$ bash filename 2
bye
$ bash filename 3
/your/home/path
Fri Sep 30 13:51:10 BST 2011
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

testing for file size in script

Has anyone got a few tips on how I can test if the file size is 0? I am moving files on a regular basis from one location to another with ftp. The files which are 0 bytes in size we want to discard. Thankyou in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ivo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing ssh connection from KSH script

Hi. I have a kornshell script that runs on a daily basis as a cron job. Part of what the script does is copy the folder contents from another server to the current server (server where KSH script is running). I have a scp command, as follows: scp $REMOTE_HOST:$REMOTE_FILE_DIR/* $TMP_DIR ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmilks
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing telnet connections in a script

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to test to see if a server is accepting telnet connections via a script. I have several remote MPE servers that are set in single user mode (and hence not accepting telnet connections), for their backups, I want to try and automate a test (from a unix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dikiee
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing a comand in the script

Hi everyone , i am new to shell scripting and am having some problem to test if this line has been executed well and display a pass message on the screen or fail if not sqlplus XXTEST/$2 <<END > $XXTEST_TOP/log/$0.log @$XXTEST_TOP/admin/sql/XXTEST_SPE1_XX_QUOTE_DETAILS_TBL.sql XXTEST$2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lutchumaya
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing success of AWK code in KSH script

I need a bit of help here on something simple. I have a KSH script (must be KSH) that needs to change 2 positional variables in a CSV script. The CSV script looks like this: 00001,010109,01/01/2009 00:01:01 00008,090509,09/05/2009 13:47:26 My AWK script will change $2 and $3 based... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kretara
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing connection with a script

I have a box that has to start dhcpd when a certain connection is down and stop the dhcpd when the connection is up again. I would appriciate any help making this script: From server A: ping server B if connection is ok then do nothing if connection is not ok then start dhcpd until... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KimJensen
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to fill up disk space for testing purpose

Hello everyone I am new to this forum I am working on a project and needed a test script to fill up a disk partition /tmp/data to see how the program fails. The system I am working on is a redhat 5.3. Is there anything out there? Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dp100022
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Package version testing script

I was wondering if anyone already had a script to check rpm packages versions x.x.x or greater. so I could do a: # CheckRpmVersion Somepackage-1.2.3 And would output: whether the package is installed or not and if it was equal to or greater than the version 1.2.3. I know I can pull out... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

testing postgres connection in shell script

I have a script that does db query in postgres. I'm trying to put in some error checking in the script. I keep running into the password prompt problem where when invalid credentials/or database is put it, it would prompt me for a password which hangs the script. Is there a way that I can check for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract application logs through shell script in performance testing

Hi Experts, I am new to shell.How to extract logs (Web,APP,Database) using shell in performance testing? Need for webserver logs,app server logs and d/b logs code. Thanks in advance Sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sree vasu
3 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux