Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mulitple rows update by sed command Post 302560397 by pdathu on Thursday 29th of September 2011 04:36:22 PM
Old 09-29-2011
Thanks, its working....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with mulitple FS

Hi, I would like to get 5th field from this output using FS. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on 172.29.138.222:/vol/vol0 311936256 2565248 309371008 1% /tmp/test My command is df -kP | awk ' BEGIN { FS="" ; } { print $5 ; } ' For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get text between two special rows ?(awk or sed)?

Hello, I've the follwing text: gfdgfg -------------------------------- dfgfdgdfg fdgfdgfdgdgf fdgf ------------------------------ f g gdgf a constant string that i know --------------------------------------------- data I want to have data I want to have data I want to have data I... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_
16 Replies

3. Web Development

Mysql question: Best way to update a column containing 8 million rows

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew a good/safe way to update a single column in a table that could contain upto 8 million rows... simple command like: UPDATE set blah=foo where bar=XXX; I will be running this on tables being written to and tables that have already been created. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture no. of rows updated in update sql in unix db2

hi, i am a new user in unix..and we have unix db2. i want to capture the no. of rows updated by a update db2 sql statement and redirect into a log file. I've seen db2 -m...but not sure how the syntax should be. The update sql that I'm going to run is from a file... Can you please share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: j_rymbei
1 Replies

5. AIX

Rows manupulation using AWK or sed

Hi Everyon, I am stuck in a script.I have a file named file1.txt as given below: It contains 2 columns-count and filename. cat file1.txt count filename 100 A_new.txt 1000 A_full.txt 1100 B_new.txt 2000 B_full.txt 1100 C_new.txt 2000 C_full.txt ................... ..................... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
10 Replies

6. Programming

How to do a "sed-like" update command in mysql?

Dear mates, imagine a table with only one column and 10 rows containing 5 yahoo.de and 5 gmail.com email addressess. mail1@yahoo.de mail2@yahoo.de mail3@yahoo.de mail4@yahoo.de mail5@yahoo.de mail1@gmail.com mail2@gmail.com mail3@gmail.com mail4@gmail.com mail5@gmail.com How could I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pseudocoder
2 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Script to delete few rows from a file and then update header

HJKL1Name00014300010800000418828124201 L201207022012070228XAM 00000000031795404 001372339540000000000000000000000 COOLTV KEYA Zx00 xI-50352202553 00000000 00000000 G000000000000 00000000 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mysql: How to update value in 27000 rows?

Hello, some member created 27000 posts in wrong section (lol :D) so i need to edit all his entries to get new section ID. SELECT * FROM `phpbb_topics` WHERE `topic_first_poster_name` LIKE "%ozerway%"; this will select all his topics... the column with forum id is named "forum_id" and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed? rows text to co

Hello Friends! I would like to help the masters ... I have a file with the entry below and would like a script for that output: Input file: 001 1 01-20152142711532-24S 1637909825/05/2015BAHIA SERVICOS R F, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: He2
1 Replies
Alzabo::Runtime::Row(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Alzabo::Runtime::Row(3pm)

NAME
Alzabo::Runtime::Row - Row objects SYNOPSIS
use Alzabo::Runtime::Row; my $row = $table->row_by_pk( pk => 1 ); $row->select('foo'); $row->update( bar => 5 ); $row->delete; DESCRIPTION
These objects represent actual rows from the database containing actual data. In general, you will want to use the "Alzabo::Runtime::Ta- ble" object to retrieve rows. The "Alzabo::Runtime::Table" object can return either single rows or row cursors. ROW STATES
Row objects can have a variety of states. Most row objects are "live", which means they represent an actual row object. A row can be changed to the "deleted" state by calling its "delete()" method. This is a row that no longer exists in the database. Most method calls on rows in this state cause an exception. There is also a "potential" state, for objects which do not represent actual database rows. You can call "make_live()" on these rows in order to change their state to "live". Finally, there is an "in cache" state, which is identical to the "live" state, except that it is used for object's that are cached via the "Alzabo::Runtime::UniqueRowCache" class. METHODS
Row objects offer the following methods: select (@list_of_column_names) Returns a list of values matching the specified columns in a list context. In scalar context it returns only a single value (the first column specified). If no columns are specified, it will return the values for all of the columns in the table, in the order that are returned by "Alzabo::Run- time::Table->columns". This method throws an "Alzabo::Runtime::NoSuchRowException" if called on a deleted row. select_hash (@list_of_column_names) Returns a hash of column names to values matching the specified columns. If no columns are specified, it will return the values for all of the columns in the table. This method throws an "Alzabo::Runtime::NoSuchRowException" if called on a deleted row. update (%hash_of_columns_and_values) Given a hash of columns and values, attempts to update the database to and the object to represent these new values. It returns a boolean value indicating whether or not any data was actually modified. This method throws an "Alzabo::Runtime::NoSuchRowException" if called on a deleted row. refresh Refreshes the object against the database. This can be used when you want to ensure that a row object is up to date in regards to the database state. This method throws an "Alzabo::Runtime::NoSuchRowException" if called on a deleted row. delete Deletes the row from the RDBMS and changes the object's state to deleted. For potential rows, this method simply changes the object's state. This method throws an "Alzabo::Runtime::NoSuchRowException" if called on a deleted row. id_as_string Returns the row's id value as a string. This can be passed to the "Alzabo::Runtime::Table->row_by_id" method to recreate the row later. For potential rows, this method always return an empty string. This method throws an "Alzabo::Runtime::NoSuchRowException" if called on a deleted row. is_live Indicates whether or not the given row represents an actual row in the database. is_potential Indicates whether or not the given row represents an actual row in the datatbase. is_deleted Indicates whether or not the given row has been deleted table Returns the "Alzabo::Runtime::Table" object that this row belongs to. schema Returns the "Alzabo::Runtime::Schema" object that this row's table belongs to. This is a shortcut for "$row->table->schema". rows_by_foreign_key This method is used to retrieve row objects from other tables by "following" a relationship between two tables. It takes the following parameters: * foreign_key => "Alzabo::Runtime::ForeignKey" object Given a foreign key object, this method returns either a row object or a row cursor object the row(s) in the table to which the relation- ship exist. The type of object returned is based on the cardinality of the relationship. If the relationship says that there could only be one match- ing row, then a row object is returned, otherwise it returns a cursor. POTENTIAL ROWS
The "potential" row state is used for rows which do not yet exist in the database. These are created via the "Alzabo::Runtime::Ta- ble->potential_row" method. They are useful when you need a placeholder object which you can update and select from, but you don't actually want to commit the data to the database. These objects are not cached. Once "make_live()" is called, the object's state becomes "live". Potential rows have looser constraints for column values than regular rows. When creating a new potential row, it is ok if none of the columns are defined. If a column has a default, and a value for that column is not given, then the default will be used. However, you cannot update a column in a potential row to undef (NULL) if the column is not nullable. No attempt is made to enforce referential integrity constraints on these objects. You cannot set a column's value to a database function like "NOW()", because this requires interaction with the database. make_live This method inserts the row into the database and changes the object's state to "live". This means that all references to the potential row object will now be references to the real object (which is a good thing). This method can take any parameters that can be passed to the "Alzabo::Runtime::Table->insert" method. Any columns already set will be passed to the "insert" method, including primary key values. However, these will be overridden, on a col- umn by column basis, by a "pk" or "values" parameters given to the "(make_live()" method. Calling this method on a row object that is not in the "potential" state will cause an "Alzabo::Runtime::LogicException" AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky, <autarch@urth.org> perl v5.8.8 2007-12-23 Alzabo::Runtime::Row(3pm)