Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create a database in C
Top Forums Programming Create a database in C Post 302560287 by Corona688 on Thursday 29th of September 2011 11:07:56 AM
Old 09-29-2011
What did you try, and in what way did it not work?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trying to create a virtual database..

:cool: I like Vibhory2 like the idea of tapping into the kernel.. although not as indepth as he/she... i want to create a virtual databse of a few ma chines with connectivity and defiinte knowledge to create it.. I havebeen working on the project for a year now.. ! before unix (1 year exactly) i... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create database on unix

how can i create database on unix from command line (without using DBCA) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create database using Backup file

Hi, I have backup file of database in my server. I want to create a that database in the same Mysql Server. How can I do that? Please send the steps to create the database using backup file? Thanks a lot, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

5. Programming

Creating a bash script that create/open database

Hi. I have two text files(tables) which include some information and I want to make some query codes using them. First of all, I want to create bash script that read this two tables, create/open database and insert data from files into database. #!/bin/bash while read line; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rlaxodus
1 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Really simple shell script to create oracle database

Hello , I am new in this forum and need your help as I am totally confused :confused: I read a lot of threads and tried to search a lot but did not get the exact answer to my question. I just want a simple (content wise may be long) shell script to create oracle database. In detail:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahoolm
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Alert for Database Problem

Hi all, I new to scripting and i need to know how to put the script when the capture goes down in the feeds database.. I tried with this "ps -ef | grep asn" command and it displaying the capture,apply time. But the alert we are receving now is replication is failed . So i need to develop the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g.nanthagopal
1 Replies

9. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parsing file to create a database

Hi Guys, I have a list a hotels stored in many different text files. This list is kept in the following format: 20/03 Hotel: The Bear Hotel Honey Street Woodstock UK Tel:+44-xxxxxx Rate: 100 21/03 Hotel: The Bush Hotel Nice Street Farnham (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
4 Replies
PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)											     PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)

NAME
pcap_get_selectable_fd - get a file descriptor on which a select() can be done for a live capture SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_get_selectable_fd(pcap_t *p); DESCRIPTION
pcap_get_selectable_fd() returns, on UNIX, a file descriptor number for a file descriptor on which one can do a select() or poll() to wait for it to be possible to read packets without blocking, if such a descriptor exists, or -1, if no such descriptor exists. Some network devices opened with pcap_create() and pcap_activate(), or with pcap_open_live(), do not support select() or poll() (for example, regular network devices on FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4, and Endace DAG devices), so -1 is returned for those devices. Note that in: FreeBSD prior to FreeBSD 4.6; NetBSD prior to NetBSD 3.0; OpenBSD prior to OpenBSD 2.4; Mac OS X prior to Mac OS X 10.7; select() and poll() do not work correctly on BPF devices; pcap_get_selectable_fd() will return a file descriptor on most of those versions (the exceptions being FreeBSD 4.3 and 4.4), but a simple select() or poll() will not indicate that the descriptor is readable until a full buffer's worth of packets is received, even if the read timeout expires before then. To work around this, an application that uses select() or poll() to wait for packets to arrive must put the pcap_t in non-blocking mode, and must arrange that the select() or poll() have a timeout less than or equal to the read timeout, and must try to read packets after that timeout expires, regardless of whether select() or poll() indicated that the file descriptor for the pcap_t is ready to be read or not. (That workaround will not work in FreeBSD 4.3 and later; however, in FreeBSD 4.6 and later, select() and poll() work correctly on BPF devices, so the workaround isn't necessary, although it does no harm.) Note also that poll() doesn't work on character special files, including BPF devices, in Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, so, while select() can be used on the descriptor returned by pcap_get_selectable_fd(), poll() cannot be used on it those versions of Mac OS X. Kqueues also don't work on that descriptor. poll(), but not kqueues, work on that descriptor in Mac OS X releases prior to 10.4; poll() and kqueues work on that descriptor in Mac OS X 10.6 and later. pcap_get_selectable_fd() is not available on Windows. RETURN VALUE
A selectable file descriptor is returned if one exists; otherwise, -1 is returned. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), select(2), poll(2) 5 April 2008 PCAP_GET_SELECTABLE_FD(3PCAP)