Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl on-line class
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl on-line class Post 302560238 by Xterra on Thursday 29th of September 2011 08:46:46 AM
Old 09-29-2011
Perl on-line class

Hi,
Time for me to take a formal class/course on Perl. I was wondering if someone here can recommend an on-line class. My institution will cover the expenses, and therefore, I am not worry about the cost. I am lookin for a beginner course with possibilities to take intermediate and advance classes.
Thanks,
X

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't get perl Class::Struct to work

This is my code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use Class::Struct; struct App => { name => '$', }; sub App::name { my $self = shift; if( @_ ) { $self->{'name'} = shift; } return $self->{'name'}; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMTheNachoMan
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

car class (not school class)

im just trying to have some fun and kill some time writing a c++ program that has a person type in a car make and model then gives them a year and a price. or something like that. i always have problems getting it goin but once the ball is rolling im usually pretty good. anyone wanna help me out? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickym2626
1 Replies

3. Programming

C++ class definition with a member of the same class

Hi, i have a question about C++. Is it possible to declare a class with a member ot the same class? For example, a linked list or i want to convert this C code to C++ class (Elemento) typedef struct elemento { char name; char value; List<struct elemento> ltElementos; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pogdorica
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl class help

cat a.pl #!/usr/bin/perl package Myperlclass; sub mysub{ my $class; $class=shift; my $self{}; bless $self,$class; return $self; } sub add{ my $a,$b,$res; $a=$_; $b=$_; $res=$a+$b; print "res: $res\n"; } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

6. Programming

static use for class inside the same class c++

Hi, I believe the next code is wrong: class Egg { Egg e; int i; Egg(int ii=0) : i(ii) {} }; because you would end up with an endless definition (memory allocation) of Egg objects, thus int i. Ok, so God Eckel proposes for a singleton: class Egg { static Egg e; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavipoes
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get pointer for existing device class (struct class) in Linux kernel module

Hi all! I am trying to register a device in an existing device class, but I am having trouble getting the pointer to an existing class. I can create a class in a module, get the pointer to it and then use it to register the device with: *cl = class_create(THIS_MODULE, className);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdaniel@ualg.pt
0 Replies

8. Programming

Size of Derived class, upon virtual base class inheritance

I have the two class definition as follows. class A { public: int a; }; class B : virtual public A{ }; The size of class A is shown as 4, and size of class B is shown as 16. Why is this effect ?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmonk
2 Replies

9. Programming

C++ : Base class member function not accessible from derived class

Hello All, I am a learner in C++. I was testing my inheritance knowledge with following piece of code. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base { public : void display() { cout << "In base display()" << endl; } void display(int k) {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies
Perl::Critic::ProfilePrototype(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Perl::Critic::ProfilePrototype(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::ProfilePrototype - Generate an initial Perl::Critic profile. DESCRIPTION
This is a helper class that generates a prototype of a Perl::Critic profile (e.g. a .perlcriticrc file. There are no user-serviceable parts here. INTERFACE SUPPORT
This is considered to be a non-public class. Its interface is subject to change without notice. CONSTRUCTOR
"new( -policies => @POLICY_OBJECTS )" Returns a reference to a new "Perl::Critic::ProfilePrototype" object. METHODS
to_string() Returns a string representation of this "ProfilePrototype". See "OVERLOADS" for more information. OVERLOADS
When a Perl::Critic::ProfilePrototype is evaluated in string context, it produces a multi-line summary of the policy name, default themes, and default severity for each Perl::Critic::Policy object that was given to the constructor of this "ProfilePrototype". If the Policy supports an additional parameters, they will also be listed (but commented-out). The format is suitable for use as a .perlcriticrc file. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::ProfilePrototype(3)