Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to disc-at-once extract audio books with cdparanoia Post 302560096 by agama on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 11:25:06 PM
Old 09-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast hero
So the $1+0 actually adds the initial number on the line? If it was 139ab5, $1+0 would be 139? It just goes through and changes n each time it encounters a number, stops at each . and then when it gets to the end, TOTAL does nothing? So watching n as it went through, it would be "0" for the first 7 lines, then it would proceed through each integer, 1-18, and remain at 18 for the last line?
Correct.

The idea in this case is to set n with each successive leading number. It assumes that the numbers as presented by the source will increase. It is a bit tricky, and a more obvious way of writing it might be along these lines:

Code:
cdparanoia -Q 2>&1| awk '
$1 ~/[0-9]+/ {     # if first token begins with a digit
   if( $1+0 > n )    # if this is the largest we've seen
      n = $1+0;    # capture it
} 
END {print n}'

You'll find with awk there are lots of ways to do the same thing.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Ultra 10 - Copying Files From Disc After Booting Up With Recovery Disc?

Hello, I'm still learning unix and I have what is probably a simple question but I can't seem to find the question to. I have an Ultra 10 Sparc Server running solaris 8 and the drive may have crashed (I hope not). Currently, it appears some files in the /etc folder are missing. I have a backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ideffects
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books for Shell Script and UNIX

Hi i am new to UNIX completely. i dont know any thing about UNIX. can some one please help me with some books on the unix archetecture and all the internal working of UNIX OS (i want to know every thing about unix from basics) and shell programming. can any one please if available provide... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amiman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list files not present in audio.txt file

I am having following folder structure. /root/audios/pop /root/audios/jazz /root/audios/rock Inside those pop, jazz, rock folders there are following files, p1.ul, p2.ul, p3.ul, j1.ul, j2.ul, j3.ul, r1.ul, r2.ul, r3.ul And I have a file named as "audio.txt" in the path /root/audios,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopikrish81
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with Audio Conversion Bash Script

Good evening, I'm currently working on a BASH script to convert audio between file formats and I've come across a snag. At the beginning of the script, I'm having the system check to see if any files with the .m4a extension exist in the directory, and if so, it runs the script. If there are no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KBurkholder
1 Replies

5. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automation the convert a lot number audio files to another format

I have a lot number audio files in the MP3 proprietary format, I want to convert them to 'opus' the free and higher quality format, with keep metadata also. My selection command-line programs are SoX (Sound eXchange) for convert MP3 files to 'AIFF' format in order to keep quality and metadata*... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script...

This is a DEMO shell script to generate a simple graticule and plot inside it... Apologies for any typos... it is another building block along with my other two shell uploads recently to start a semi_serious project of an Terminal_AudioScope... The fist upload I posted recently was to show... (83 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
83 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Neo's Recommended Audio Books

Just finished this Audible audio book. It's simply great. Highly recommended: This book was so well done that I did not want to miss a single word; so ended up listening to half of the book twice when I got distracted. This is a great audio book. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)