Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Help to identify this UNZIP program Post 302559961 by vgersh99 on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 02:03:51 PM
Old 09-28-2011
'man unzip' yields:
Code:
NAME
       unzip - list, test and extract compressed files in a ZIP archive

SYNOPSIS
       unzip  [-Z] [-cflptTuvz[abjnoqsCDKLMUVWX$/:^]] file[.zip] [file(s) ...]
       [-x xfile(s) ...] [-d exdir]

DESCRIPTION
       unzip will list, test, or extract files from a  ZIP  archive,  commonly
       found  on MS-DOS systems.  The default behavior (with no options) is to
       extract into the current directory (and subdirectories  below  it)  all
       files  from  the  specified ZIP archive.  A companion program, zip(1L),
       creates ZIP archives; both programs are compatible with  archives  cre-
       ated  by  PKWARE's  PKZIP and PKUNZIP for MS-DOS, but in many cases the
       program options or default behaviors differ.

Or look here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unzip

Is there any way to uncompress files in winzip/pkzip format which contain mulitple members without using the "unzip" command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: keroppi
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip!!!!!!

Hi, How to find the size of a zipfile after unzipping without unziping it? Pls let me know if anyone has idea abtit. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rags_s11
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unzip help

Hi, client is posting a zip file with named as "LM_SEEHERE_-_TMG_905678_20100504.zip". In zip file, inside we have 3 .csv files. how to unzip the file and client needs only "LM_SEEHERE_-_TMG_905678_20100504.csv" the other two files are products.csv,category.csv. They don't want these files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirankumar
2 Replies

8. SCO

Unzip

Hi, I have installed Unzip 5.3 on SCO Unix 5.05 Openserver and it successfully installs but when I go to unzip a file by using unzip <filename> I get ksh: unzip: not found . Any ideas?:o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twitchmaker
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unzip Help

Hello All, I am trying to write a shell script(linux) where it just unzips the abc.zip file in the same folder. If I write unzip abc.zip in my shell script and try to run the shell script I am getting Error : ?Invalid command But when I run the command unzip abc.zip at the command prompt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: su2
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)