Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [gnuwin32] sed & variable %TIME% Post 302559910 by upszot on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 11:59:16 AM
Old 09-28-2011
[gnuwin32] sed & variable %TIME% {solved}

HI..

I made ".bat" in windows 2003 , with
Code:
set TIEMPO1= %TIME% | sed -e "s/://g" -e "s/,//g"
echo valor de tiempo1 = %TIEMPO1%

when i execute this, the result is
Quote:
E:\Pruebas>set TIEMPO1= 12:41:54,54 | sed -e "s/://g" -e "s/,//g"
E:\Pruebas>echo valor de tiempo1 =
valor de tiempo1 =
but if i open cmd, and execute en line command this..
Code:
G:\>echo %TIME% | sed -e "s/://g"  -e "s/,//g"

anyone have idea, what's happening?

Last edited by upszot; 09-28-2011 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: solved

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

GnuWin32 sed 4.1.4 regexp matching

I am using GnuWin32 sed and am having trouble with the regexp - i.e., they don't behave the same way as in UNIX (POSIX and and all that). I have a stream of data, e.g.: 11111'222?'22'33?'333'44444'55555' I want to insert a \n after those apostrophes that are *not* preceded by a ?. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed - Replacing all date & time occurrences in a file with a string using Sed

Hi, I am new to using Sed. I have a file containg lines like the following: INFORM----Test.pc:168:10/11/05 12:34:26 > some text goes here.. TRACE-----Test.pc:197:10/11/05 12:34:26 > some text goes here.. My requirement is to replace 10/11/05 12:34:26 with a string <RUNDATE> (including <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hema_M
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED on Windows xp-GnuWin32

I installed the GnuWin32 tools on my Windows XP system but I cannot .. for the life of me .. get the SED tool to work for me. All I need to do is remove blank lines for a text file. My script is ... sed -e '/^$/ d' xxx.txt > yyy.txt The error msg is: sed: -e expression #1, char 1: unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HOLMBERG
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a line including Variable & Carriage Return / sed command as Variable

I want to instert Category:XXXXX into the 2. line something like this should work, but I have somewhere the wrong sytanx. something with the linebreak goes wrong: sed "2i\\${n}Category:$cat\n" Sample: Titel Blahh Blahh abllk sdhsd sjdhf Blahh Blah Blahh Blahh Should look like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed -i '7 c\$variable' file ....(?!@#$%^&*!)

I have tried everything I can think of to get sed to change line N of a file to the contents of a variable. I have Googled the Internet, and I find lots of people telling how to use variables with the "Substitute" command, but no one telling how to use variables with the "Change" command. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Lauren
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & areas respectively sed & pyramiding

Hello everyone, i wonder if someone could give me an advice regarding the following problem using sed. Given ist a structure as shown below: <aaa>text1<b>text2</b>text3<c>text4</c>text5</aaa> Now I want to change the outer tag from "aaa" to "new" and replace all tags inside the outer tags... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donaldinho
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trim sed output & assign to variable

Hi, I have the following command that parses an xml file to read a node <port>'s value. Hoever the output comes with spaces. My requirement is to trim the spaces around the value and assign to a variable. sed -n 's|<port>\(.*\)</port>|\1|p' ../cfg.xml How do I go about it? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2013
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing variable as input & storing output in other variable

I have a below syntax its working fine... var12=$(ps -ef | grep apache | awk '{print $2,$4}') Im getting expected output as below: printf "%b\n" "${VAR12}" dell 123 dell 456 dell 457 Now I wrote a while loop.. the output of VAR12 should be passed as input parameters to while loop and results... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
5 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)