Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kinit auditing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users kinit auditing Post 302559903 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 11:48:07 AM
Old 09-28-2011
That is a ticket - it has a specified lifetime which you can configure in your krb5.conf file.
But it sounds like you need to play with windows. See:

Kerberos Policy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auditing

:)I need a little help. I have sent all of our logs to our log server, but I can't send the audit logs that are in /var/log/audit.log. Can someone give me some type of idea to transfer these logs. Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
2 Replies

2. AIX

Auditing events

Hi there, I want to enable auditing for the following events in a critical AIX UNIX server by editing the /etc/syslog.conf file: Authentication events (login success, login failure, logout) Privilege use events (change to another user etc.) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venksel
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

bash auditing

Hi dear friends I have an RHEL5 installed and I gave all users on it rbash shell, Now I want to audit all commands that they did in there shell once they enter them, Can any guide me to the way Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kinit

Hi, I have tried a lot online to find about this command. I coudnt find a satisfactory explanation. I need some background on kinit command. Can someone please explain it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Kerboer kinit password

Hi, I just wonder if anyone know how to auto encode the kerberos kinit password at prompt. kinit command is inside the one of the script called runscript.sh so ./runscript.sh ...... kinit username Password for username@example.com: How do I auto input the password without need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netlink
5 Replies

6. Solaris

BSM auditing

Hi , I don't want logs from a particular "library" to get recorded in the audit.log file. Is that possible with BSM? Please guide. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
2 Replies

7. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX auditing

In our customer place somebody removed and PV from the server. I want the information like which user removed this PV. Is there any way to get PV removal information. When did the PV removed from the server ? Whether AIX auding will help ? Where i can get these information ? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the cron jobs that ran on kinit i keep getting must be privileged to use -u?

How to view the cron jobs that ran on kinit i keep getting must be privileged to use -u this is the control used, echo 'cat /usr/local/bin/tpthadoop/secret/hadoop.txt' | kinit hdfs what happens with above command kinit is using kerberos and the account used to run the processes jobs are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
1 Replies

10. AIX

Testing Kerberos with kinit comand

I am working on an AIX 6.1 system with Kerberos 1.5.0.8. I am attempting to execute the kinit command but after I execute the command and put in a password I get the following error message: Unable to obtain initial credentials Status 0x96c73a18 - Preauthentication failed. I have found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kstalder
0 Replies
ktkt_warnd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    ktkt_warnd(1M)

NAME
ktkt_warnd - Kerberos warning daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/krb5/ktkt_warnd DESCRIPTION
ktkt_warnd is a daemon on Kerberos clients that can warn users when their Kerberos tickets are about to expire. It is invoked by inetd when a ticket-granting ticket (TGT) is obtained for the first time, such as after using the kinit command. ktkt_warnd can be configured through the /etc/krb5/warn.conf file on the client. In warn.conf, you can specify that you be supplied notice, through syslog, of ticket expira- tion. FILES
/etc/krb5/warn.conf Kerberos warning configuration file SEE ALSO
svcs(1), inetadm(1M), inetd(1M), svcadm(1M), warn.conf(4), smf(5), SEAM(5) NOTES
The ktkt_warnd service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/network/security/ktkt_warn:default Administrative actions on this service, such as enabling, disabling, or requesting restart, can be performed using svcadm(1M). Responsibil- ity for initiating and restarting this service is delegated to inetd(1M). Use inetadm(1M) to make configuration changes and to view config- uration information for this service. The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. SunOS 5.10 4 Nov 2004 ktkt_warnd(1M)