Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kinit auditing
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users kinit auditing Post 302559903 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 11:48:07 AM
Old 09-28-2011
That is a ticket - it has a specified lifetime which you can configure in your krb5.conf file.
But it sounds like you need to play with windows. See:

Kerberos Policy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auditing

:)I need a little help. I have sent all of our logs to our log server, but I can't send the audit logs that are in /var/log/audit.log. Can someone give me some type of idea to transfer these logs. Thank You (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
2 Replies

2. AIX

Auditing events

Hi there, I want to enable auditing for the following events in a critical AIX UNIX server by editing the /etc/syslog.conf file: Authentication events (login success, login failure, logout) Privilege use events (change to another user etc.) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venksel
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

bash auditing

Hi dear friends I have an RHEL5 installed and I gave all users on it rbash shell, Now I want to audit all commands that they did in there shell once they enter them, Can any guide me to the way Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kinit

Hi, I have tried a lot online to find about this command. I coudnt find a satisfactory explanation. I need some background on kinit command. Can someone please explain it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep_me
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automate Kerboer kinit password

Hi, I just wonder if anyone know how to auto encode the kerberos kinit password at prompt. kinit command is inside the one of the script called runscript.sh so ./runscript.sh ...... kinit username Password for username@example.com: How do I auto input the password without need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netlink
5 Replies

6. Solaris

BSM auditing

Hi , I don't want logs from a particular "library" to get recorded in the audit.log file. Is that possible with BSM? Please guide. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
2 Replies

7. SCO

Auditing: how to enable?

edit: solution found Auditing Quick Start and Compatibility Notes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX auditing

In our customer place somebody removed and PV from the server. I want the information like which user removed this PV. Is there any way to get PV removal information. When did the PV removed from the server ? Whether AIX auding will help ? Where i can get these information ? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to view the cron jobs that ran on kinit i keep getting must be privileged to use -u?

How to view the cron jobs that ran on kinit i keep getting must be privileged to use -u this is the control used, echo 'cat /usr/local/bin/tpthadoop/secret/hadoop.txt' | kinit hdfs what happens with above command kinit is using kerberos and the account used to run the processes jobs are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
1 Replies

10. AIX

Testing Kerberos with kinit comand

I am working on an AIX 6.1 system with Kerberos 1.5.0.8. I am attempting to execute the kinit command but after I execute the command and put in a password I get the following error message: Unable to obtain initial credentials Status 0x96c73a18 - Preauthentication failed. I have found... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kstalder
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)