Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Crontab links required
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Crontab links required Post 302559821 by Dev_Dev on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 08:58:09 AM
Old 09-28-2011
Crontab links required

Hi,

I would like to master CRONTAB jobs in UNIX, can you please share more useful links and examples related to this, thank you.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links

how can we know the different links (hard and soft) to a file ..... i got a file in my directory and i need to know the different links attached to this file any one plz help thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uniqmaniak
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in crontab

Hi All, I have written a script which checks for the quota of the system and sends the mail to the user if quota increases a particular threshold. I want that this scripts get automaticaaly executed ,whic h I believe can be done with the help of crontab. I am unaware of how to use this crontab.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab help required

How would i run /usr/local/sbin/copyfile.sh at 8 p.m today. What should i write in crontab -e ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab scheduled details required

Hi, I have the below job scheduled in crontab. Can you please tell me at what interval this job is scheduled? Where is the name of the job defined here? I will definitely go through the UNIX documentation a little later, for the time being, please provide me few details on this. Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard Links and Soft or Sym links

When loooking at files in a directory using ls, how can I tell if I have a hard link or soft link? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
11 Replies

7. AIX

List all the soft links and hard links

Hi I'm logged in as root in an aix box Which command will list all the soft links and hard links present in the server ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] [-l | -r | -e] DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file does not exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)