Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to declare float in shellscript? Post 302559713 by rangarasan on Wednesday 28th of September 2011 03:28:34 AM
Old 09-28-2011
BC

Hi,

Try this code,

Code:

if [ $(echo "$i > $b"|bc) -eq 1 ]

instead of below code

if [ $i -gt $b ] ; then

Cheers,
RangaSmilie
This User Gave Thanks to rangarasan For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File declare !

Dear all I declare like this in my program : int main(int argc ,char **argv) { FILE *ft; char* ini_file; char fbuf; char sendbuf; char strbuf; } When I compile this is the error : cc: "send.c", line 28: error 1588: "ft" undefined. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iwbasts
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can unix program declare int?

can unix program declare int??how to declare ? if i want to declare int and using read command then compare which int is small...how to do this??can somebody help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yeah016
1 Replies

3. Programming

math.h: float ceilf(float x)

Good morning, I'm testing the use of ceilf: /*Filename: str.c*/ #include <stdio.h> #include <math.h> int main (void) { float ceilf(float x); int dev=3, result=0; float tmp = 3.444f; printf("Result: %f\n",ceilf(tmp)); return 0; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonas.gabriel
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to declare an array to take more than 10,000 characters

Hi Guys Need some help I am reading the string values from the text files into the shell script and had them feed into array I have declared an associative array as TYPE t_user_id_tab IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(3000);\n my_user_id t_user_id_tab;\n varchar2 is limiting me to take only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinky
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH : Using declare in a loop

I have a config file that needs to be formatted before it's sourced to a script. I've been formatting it with sed and dropping it in /tmp then sourcing it from there. I'd like to just format the config file with sed then declare the variables without having to create a temporary file in /tmp. So... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crs6785
2 Replies

6. Programming

declare a variable in mysql

i have created a script to insert 100K rows into mysql db. But the forst line where i declare the variable is giving error. I am new to mysql. Can anyone help me in this? the script is ====================================== DECLARE c INT(10) := 54; BEGIN WHILE c <... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

declare variable

hi to all, i am trying to declare a variable as an integer in unix shell script. i search the web for a way to do it but it doesnt work. i tried "define -i" and "declare" but that doesnt work. if somebody knows another way to declare a variable as integer please help me. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I declare boost?

Hello all, I am trying to "make" a database system, VDB (Veritas Data Base), and when I run "make" I receive the following error: VDBException.h:19: error: expected `)' before '*' token VDBException.h:20: error: expected `)' before '*' token VDBException.h:43: error: expected `)' before '*'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tyler_92
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to declare variable in perl

how can i declare variable in perl. for BLOCK in /sys/block/emcpow* (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
3 Replies

10. Programming

Declare member of struct as a pointer in c

I have a uint8_t *C = malloc(24*sizeof(uint8_t)); I need to send some integers and this *C to another node(in ad hoc network). So I am going to use a struct ` struct fulMsg { int msgType; int msgCount; //uint8_t *CC; } fulMsg_t; typedef struct fulMsg fulMsg_tt;` there is a method... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chap
1 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
       fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory

SYNOPSIS
       fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help]

fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h]

DESCRIPTION
       The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the
       -path argument.

OPTIONS
       -path <dir/file path>+
	   Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the
	   current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted.

-help
	   Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.

OUTPUT
       The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the
       specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume.

Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the
       cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command.

EXAMPLES
       The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and
       "fs3.abc.com":

% fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com
	  File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com

PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
       None

SEE ALSO
       fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1)

COPYRIGHT
       IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.

This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0.  It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas
       Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.

OpenAFS 							    2012-03-26							     FS_WHEREIS(1)