Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Source Command in Unix
Top Forums Programming Source Command in Unix Post 302559136 by jessy83 on Monday 26th of September 2011 09:58:25 AM
Old 09-26-2011
That means I don't have any method that can call a script file to change my directory? In Win DOS, we can write a bash file, for example like abc.cmd where abc.cmd will change my directory , for instance from c:\jessy\jessy2 to c:\jessy. We can just simply call abc.cmd in order to to the task?

2. In Win, as long as I set my environment path, I can easily run abc.cmd in whatever directory I am in? How about in Linux, is there any environment path for me to set up so that I can run my shell file irregardless of my path?

3. Regarding the start command, for example, my current path in my command prompt is C:\Document_and_Setting, when i run start. command, it will open a new window for me and I can easily access the files which are stored under C:\Document_and_Setting.

4. Is Linux having this command? set DISPLAY jessy:0.0? I am just wondering why I can't run this command in my Linux?

5. Is Linux having WIN's equivalent command - title ? I wish to change title for every different console?

Thanks. Sorry I am indeed very newbie in Linux.
Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX commands source

does anyone knows where i can find the source code any Unix commands??? THx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubis450
1 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX source?

Where can one download the UNIX source code? Thx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharkbait
9 Replies

3. Programming

ls command source code

Hi all, I want to know how ls was implemented in linux.; How to view the source code? filename/sitename...? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxer_rh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with source command

Ive written a script that uses the source command but i get the error: source: not found when i enter it myself manually it works fine, is there any reason I cannot use this command in a script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonbyrne123
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

the source code of unix

tha ithela na moy peite an mporo apo kapoy na vro ton pigaio kvdika toy unix se glossa c .efxaristo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matsoyka
1 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can i get unix source code?

Sir please tell me where can i get source code for some unix kernal and shell also. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VIPUL15
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source Command

Hello, I have created a script that changes directories but in order for it to work I always need to invoke a source ./script Here is a copy of my script.. if I do not invoke "source ./script" the change directory command does not work. Any ideas? // The script is pretty basic ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ps command source.

Dear friends, I am using SCO Openserver 5.0.7. Where does the ps -ef command pick the information from? Is it stored in some file? Also, the ps -ef command or the ps -eo args command displays truncated information. How to get the complete expanded output without truncation? Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabu
8 Replies

10. Fedora

Is UNIX an open source OS ?

Hi everyone, I know the following questions are noobish questions but I am asking them because I am confused about the basics of history behind UNIX and LINUX. Ok onto business, my questions are-: Was/Is UNIX ever an open source operating system ? If UNIX was... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyan32
21 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory SYNOPSIS
fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the -path argument. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume. Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command. EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and "fs3.abc.com": % fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_WHEREIS(1)