Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep for word not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers grep for word not working Post 302559004 by nattynitin on Monday 26th of September 2011 05:09:21 AM
Old 09-26-2011
Thnaks Scrutinizer!!!

It is helpful..
can you please tell me the case when i have to search nitin and there are entry in file like delhiNitin_Unix then how to match nitin here in same situation as explained above just .

what we need to change in below pattern:
grep -w nitin "$FILE"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep for a word and display only the word

Hi, When we "grep" for a word in a file, it returns the lines containing the word that we searched for. Is there a way to display only the words and not the entire line containing them. Thanks Ananth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthmm
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to grep the word and display only the second word from it

hi, consider the below line in a text file, 'Y',getdate(),'N','V',NULL ..... 'N',getdate(),'Y','D',NULL ..... 'Y','N','Y',getdate(),'Y','D',NULL .... as u see above, i want only the second word after the getdate() word... getdate() will not come 2nd word alwys it may be any position but i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep out specific word and only that word

ok, so this is proving to be kind of difficult even though it should not be. say for instance I want to grep out ONLY the word fkafal from the below output, how do I do it? echo ajfjf fjfjf iafjga fkafal foeref afoafahfia | grep -w "fkafal" If i run the above command, i get back all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a word and next column to that word?

Hi, I have input file as below. Can you help me? inac_4y;0;2;Balance;200;1;1; 0;2;Balance;100;1; 0;inac_nq;0;1;Balance;100;1 desired output Balance;200 Balance;100 Balance;100 -Suresh Please use and tags when posting code, data or logs etc. to preserve formatting... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep part of word or Another word from a string

Hi all, FileOne family balance >>>>> 0 0 0 0 java.io.FileNotFoundException: Settings.xml (No such file or directory) at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) .. .... ..... ..... java.lang.NullPointerException ... ..... ...... Stacktrace: at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How ti Grep for a word and print the next word

Hi can we grep for a word and print the next word of the greped word? ex:- create or replace function function_name create function function_name we should search for word "function" and output next word "function_name" from both lines. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a word which just comes next to after grep of a specific word

Hi, Below is an example : ST1 PREF: int1 AVAIL: int2 ST2 PREF :int1 AVAIL: int2 I need int1 to come in preferred variable while programming and int2 in available variable Please help me doing so Best regards, Vishal (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - why this is not working? trying next word!

Hi Experts, Can you please advise , why I am not able to make it work, or why this is not working: I spent quite a lot of time on this figuring out , but not working, file : This is a test file thanks for your reply This is another file again Have a nice day this is a small file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk word boundaries not working

Hi, I am trying below code but the word boundaries not seem to be working. What am I doing incorrectly? echo " ECHO " | awk '{ q="ECHO" ; if ( $0 ~ /\bq\b/) print "HELLO" ; }' OR echo " ECHO " | awk '{ q="ECHO" ; if ( $0 ~ /\b'$q'\b/) print "HELLO" ; }' Or echo " ECHO " | awk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a word or word with underscore

I have a file "test" with following contents: cat test abc abcd_efg abc_abc I want to only grep for abc or abc_ without getting other results, how do I achieve this? If I use grep -w abc test option I get only abc and not abc_. If I use egrep "abc|abc_" test its still printing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
3 Replies
GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)						  [FIXME: manual]						 GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)

NAME
glSampleMaski - set the value of a sub-word of the sample mask C SPECIFICATION
void glSampleMaski(GLuint maskNumber, GLbitfield mask); PARAMETERS
maskNumber Specifies which 32-bit sub-word of the sample mask to update. mask Specifies the new value of the mask sub-word. DESCRIPTION
glSampleMaski sets one 32-bit sub-word of the multi-word sample mask, GL_SAMPLE_MASK_VALUE. maskIndex specifies which 32-bit sub-word of the sample mask to update, and mask specifies the new value to use for that sub-word. maskIndex must be less than the value of GL_MAX_SAMPLE_MASK_WORDS. Bit B of mask word M corresponds to sample 32 x M + B. NOTES
glSampleMaski is available only if the GL version is 3.2 or greater, or if the ARB_texture_multisample extension is supported. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if maskIndex is greater than or equal to the value of GL_MAX_SAMPLE_MASK_WORDS. SEE ALSO
glGenRenderbuffers(), glBindRenderbuffer(), glRenderbufferStorageMultisample(), glFramebufferRenderbuffer(), glDeleteRenderbuffers() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLSAMPLEMASKI(3G)