Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what is this + represents ?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators what is this + represents ? Post 302558993 by Scott on Monday 26th of September 2011 04:35:59 AM
Old 09-26-2011
You have a good taste in friends Smilie

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What OS closest represents Solaris

Hi all. Im new to programming and Unix. Want to start learning to use Solaris 11. I have 2 boxes currently and want to run an all in one Solaris Box to act as a file server, web server ect. I want to use the second box as my main programming box that is as close to a Solaris OS as possible that has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does a double $ represents?

Hi Team, I have the following statement in my script "chgrp dw $$DSSDATW5/W5DW_RUNNING.out" Which throws the error "chgrp: 50528606DSSDATW5/W5DW_RUNNING.out: No such file or directory" Can you please let me know what does this $$ refers to (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent154
2 Replies
MAXDB_STMT_RESULT_METADATA(3)						 1					     MAXDB_STMT_RESULT_METADATA(3)

maxdb_stmt_result_metadata - Returns result set metadata from a prepared statement

Procedural style

SYNOPSIS
resource maxdb_stmt_result_metadata (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Object oriented style resource maxdb_stmt::result_metadata (void ) If a statement passed to maxdb_prepare(3) is one that produces a result set, maxdb_stmt_result_metadata(3) returns the result resource that can be used to process the meta information such as total number of fields and individual field information. Note This result set pointer can be passed as an argument to any of the field-based functions that process result set metadata, such as: omaxdb_num_fields(3) omaxdb_fetch_field(3) omaxdb_fetch_field_direct(3) omaxdb_fetch_fields(3) omaxdb_field_count(3) omaxdb_field_seek(3) omaxdb_field_tell(3) omaxdb_free_result(3) The result set structure should be freed when you are done with it, which you can do by passing it to maxdb_free_result(3) Note The result set returned by maxdb_stmt_result_metadata(3) contains only metadata. It does not contain any row results. The rows are obtained by using the statement handle with maxdb_fetch(3). RETURN VALUES
maxdb_stmt_result_metadata(3) returns a result resource or FALSE if an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $maxdb = new maxdb("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); $maxdb->query("CREATE TABLE temp.friends (id int, name varchar(20))"); $maxdb->query("INSERT INTO temp.friends VALUES (1,'Hartmut')"); $maxdb->query("INSERT INTO temp.friends VALUES (2, 'Ulf')"); $stmt = $maxdb->prepare("SELECT id, name FROM temp.friends"); $stmt->execute(); /* get resultset for metadata */ $result = $stmt->result_metadata(); /* retrieve field information from metadata result set */ $field = $result->fetch_field(); printf("Fieldname: %s ", $field->name); /* close resultset */ $result->close(); /* close connection */ $maxdb->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = maxdb_connect("localhost", "MONA", "RED", "DEMODB"); maxdb_query($link, "CREATE TABLE temp.friends (id int, name varchar(20))"); maxdb_query($link, "INSERT INTO temp.friends VALUES (1,'Hartmut')"); maxdb_query($link, "INSERT INTO temp.friends VALUES (2, 'Ulf')"); $stmt = maxdb_prepare($link, "SELECT id, name FROM temp.friends"); maxdb_stmt_execute($stmt); /* get resultset for metadata */ $result = maxdb_stmt_result_metadata($stmt); /* retrieve field information from metadata result set */ $field = maxdb_fetch_field($result); printf("Fieldname: %s ", $field->name); /* close resultset */ maxdb_free_result($result); /* close connection */ maxdb_close($link); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Fieldname: ID SEE ALSO
maxdb_prepare(3), maxdb_free_result(3). PHP Documentation Group MAXDB_STMT_RESULT_METADATA(3)