Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: what is this + represents ?
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators what is this + represents ? Post 302558988 by itkamaraj on Monday 26th of September 2011 04:17:57 AM
Old 09-26-2011
what is this + represents ?

For some of the users, i see there is a + (plus) symbol appended with their userid.

what is the + represents here ?

please refer the attached image.
what is this + represents ?-picjpg

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

What OS closest represents Solaris

Hi all. Im new to programming and Unix. Want to start learning to use Solaris 11. I have 2 boxes currently and want to run an all in one Solaris Box to act as a file server, web server ect. I want to use the second box as my main programming box that is as close to a Solaris OS as possible that has... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

What does a double $ represents?

Hi Team, I have the following statement in my script "chgrp dw $$DSSDATW5/W5DW_RUNNING.out" Which throws the error "chgrp: 50528606DSSDATW5/W5DW_RUNNING.out: No such file or directory" Can you please let me know what does this $$ refers to (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Agent154
2 Replies
ostrip(1)						      General Commands Manual							 ostrip(1)

NAME
ostrip - Reduce the size of object files SYNOPSIS
ostrip [options] file... OPTIONS
The following options are supported by the ostrip command: Removes the section of a linked image. Removes unreferenced symbols and unused type information from the symbol tables of a pre-link file. This results in a smaller on-disk executable file. If files modified with this option are subsequently linked, ostrip -m should be run on the linked image. Joins together two files that were previously split by the -t option into a symbol table file (image.stb) and a stripped image file (image). Removes unreferenced symbols and unused type information for the symbol tables of a post-link executable file. This results in a smaller on-disk executable file. The symbol table still contains all information required for debugging. Decompresses the output of ostrip. This option is provided for cases in which the input file is compressed in ALPHAMAGICZ format. Removes the symbol table and any strippable subsections of the section. (Performs the same operations as the strip command.) Splits an image file (image) into a symbol table file (image.stb) and a stripped image file (image). The symbol table file will contain a checksum of the stripped image. Displays the version of the ostrip command. Produces a reduced symbol table by remov- ing local information. Also deletes any locally strippable subsections of the section. (Performs the same operations as the ld -x com- mand.) Compresses the output of ostrip into ALPHAMAGICZ format. DESCRIPTION
The ostrip command reduces the components of any object file based on the options that are specified. It is designed to work with any object file, that is, files, image files, and shared object files. It does not work with (archive) files. RESTRICTIONS
None. EXAMPLES
The following command strips the local symbol table and converts the object file into ALPHAMAGICZ format: ostrip -x -Z obj.o The following command produces the symbol table file osize_mm.stb and the stripped image file osize.mm: ostrip -t osize.mm The following command joins the symbol table file osize_mm.stb to osize.mm: ostrip -j osize.mm SEE ALSO
Commands: strip(1), ld(1), mcs(1), objZ(1) ostrip(1)