Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble Setting Up Sun Ultra 10 - Displaying Garbage Post 302558964 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 26th of September 2011 02:56:43 AM
Old 09-26-2011
serial cable != null modem cable.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 2 Solaris 8

Sparc Ultra2: Notes prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz) System clock frequency: 99 MHz Memory size: 768 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ========================= Run Ecache CPU CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

3. Solaris

sun ultra

Hi Guys, I have a 2nd hand Sun ultra-5, I wanted to know how to be able to run it as a normal window. I do not have any experience whatsoever with solaris/unix. Does anyone can give me a clue where to start. When I switch it goes to: unix console login: pa$$word: #UNIX sendmail : enable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingosa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble getting serial output from Ultra 10

Hi, Iam trying to get make a serial connection to an Ultra 10 from my laptop. I've set the output to goto ttya in the nvram parameters. Iam using a db9 converter at the laptop end and a db25 converter at the ultra 10 end-I know the adapters are fine and so is the cable. Iam just not able to get it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulse77
3 Replies

5. Solaris

sun ultra 10 monitor

hi all, it seem hard to see on a regular monitor the ultra 10 converter to rgb so that it can go to a pc monitor. do u know how can i fix the monitor properly? it's not easy to see on the monitor there's so many lines. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

LOM on SUN ultra 10

Hi experts is it possible to install lom on sun ultra 10 box? can you guys help me in undertanding lom as i tried goggling , couldn't get good stuff. Please :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting and displaying variables

Hello, I need a little help. 1. Edit /etc/profile so that all users are greeted upon login. 2. For the root account, set the prompt to something like "Danger!! root is doing stuff in \w", preferably in a bright color such as red or pink or in reverse video mode. Thanks for help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

dhcp not setting dns and changing to garbage

I have 2 problems. Dhcp is not setting dns and after I manually set my dns it changes to garbage. I literally just used command to set dns which is a good copy of resolv.conf: sudo cp /home/bob/Desktop/scripts_9-12-2011/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.confHere is a copy of my resolv.conf. #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies
TRM(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    TRM(4)

NAME
trm -- Tekram TRM-S1040 ASIC based PCI SCSI host adapter driver SYNOPSIS
trm* at pci? dev ? function ? scsibus* at trm? DESCRIPTION
The trm driver supports PCI SCSI host adapters based on the Tekram TRM-S1040 SCSI ASIC. HARDWARE
Supported SCSI controllers include: Tekram DC-315 PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without flash BIOS and internal SCSI connector Tekram DC-315U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter without flash BIOS Tekram DC-395U PCI Ultra SCSI adapter with flash BIOS Tekram DC-395UW PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS Tekram DC-395F PCI Ultra-Wide SCSI adapter with flash BIOS and 68-pin external SCSI connector For Tekram DC-390 PCI SCSI host adapter, use pcscp(4) driver. For Tekram DC-310/U and DC-390U/UW/F PCI SCSI host adapters, use siop(4) driver. SEE ALSO
cd(4), ch(4), intro(4), pci(4), scsi(4), sd(4), ss(4), st(4), uk(4), scsipi(9) http://www.tekram.com/ AUTHORS
The trm driver was originally written for NetBSD 1.4/i386 by Erich Chen of Tekram Technology, and Rui-Xiang Guo rewrote the driver to use bus_space(9) and bus_dma(9) for NetBSD 1.6. BSD
November 6, 2001 BSD