Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Set variables from fields in fields Post 302558741 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 25th of September 2011 06:32:30 AM
Old 09-25-2011
Or in shell:
Code:
while IFS=: read title htmlfile; do
  echo "The name of the file is $htmlfile and the title is $title."
done < infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed cut? to rearrange random number of fields into 3 fields

I'm working on formatting some attendance data to meet a vendors requirements to upload to their system. With some help on the forums here, I have the data close. But they've since changed what they want. The vendor wants me to submit three fields to them. Field 1 is the studentid field,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axo959
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add fields in different files only if some fields between them match

Hi everybody (first time posting here) I have a file1 that looks like > 1,101,0.1,0.1 1,26,0.1,0.1 1,3,0.1,0.1 1,97,0.5,0.5 1,98,8.1,0.218919 1,99,6.2,0.248 2,101,0.1,0.1 2,24,3.1,0.147619 2,25,23.5,0.559524 2,26,34,0.723404with 762 lines.. I have another 'similar' file2 > ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murpholinox
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning fields values to different variables

Hi, I have this code: cat file.txt | awk -F, 'NR==1{print $6","$8","$10","$20","$21","$19}' > file.tmp VAR1=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f1` VAR2=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f2` VAR3=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f3`; VAR4=`cat file.tmp | cut -d "," -f4`; VAR5=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question ? set 2 variables by matching fields

Hello, I'm trying to get the TOP and BASE numbers printed out File looks like this: 2300 CAR # 2300 is the TOP 2310 CAR 2335 CAR 2455 CAR # 2455 is the BASE 1000 MOTOR # 2455 will become this TOP 2000 MOTOR 3000 MOTOR 4000 MOTOR # 4000 is the BASE 2345 BIKE # 4000... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlieglen
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print 1st field and last 2 fields together and the rest of the fields after it using awk?

Hi experts, I need to print the first field first then last two fields should come next and then i need to print rest of the fields. Input : a1,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk,b1,b2 a2,acb,dfg,ghj,b3,c4 a3,djf,wdjg,fkg,dff,ggk,d4,d5 Expected output: a1,b1,b2,abc,jsd,fhf,fkk... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 100bees
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare 1st 15 fields of record with 20 fields

I'm trying to compare 2 files for differences in a selct number of fields. When differnces are found it will write the whole record of the second file including appending '|C' out to a delta file. Each record will have 20 fields, but only want to do comparison of 1st 15 fields. The 1st field of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sljnk
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sort based on difference of fields and print all fields

Hi I have a file as below <field1> <field2> <field3> ... <field_num1> <field_num2> Trying to sort based on difference of <field_num1> and <field_num2> in desceding order and print all fields. I tried this and it doesn't sort on the difference field .. Appreciate your help. cat... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newstart
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing fields into variables

A record contains 50 fields separated by "~". I need to assign each of these fields to different variables. Following is the shell script approach I tried. RECORD="FIELD1~FIELD2~FIELD3~FIELD4~FIELD5~...........~FIELD50" VAR1=$(echo ${RECORD} | cut -d"~" -f 1) VAR2=$(echo ${RECORD} | cut... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print . in blank fields to prevent fields from shifting

The below code works great, kindly provided by @Don Cragun, the lines in bold print the current output. Since some of the fields printed can be blank some of the fields are shifted. I can not seem too add . to the blank fields like in the desired output. Basically, if there is nothing in the field... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Is there a UNIX command that can compare fields of files with differing number of fields?

Hi, Below are the sample files. x.txt is from an Excel file that is a list of users from Windows and y.txt is a list of database account. $ head -500 x.txt y.txt ==> x.txt <== TEST01 APP_USER_PROFILE USER03 APP_USER_PROFILE TEST02 APP_USER_EXP_PROFILE TEST04 APP_USER_PROFILE USER01 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
TIDY_GET_HTML(3)							 1							  TIDY_GET_HTML(3)

tidy::html - Returns atidyNodeobject starting from the <html> tag of the tidy parse tree

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
tidyNode tidy::html (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style tidyNode tidy_get_html (tidy $object) Returns a tidyNode object starting from the <html> tag of the tidy parse tree. PARAMETERS
o $object - The Tidy object. RETURN VALUES
Returns the tidyNode object. EXAMPLES
Example #1 tidy_get_html(3) example <?php $html = ' <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html>'; $tidy = tidy_parse_string($html); $html = $tidy->html(); echo $html->value; ?> The above example will output: <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <p>paragraph</p> </body> </html> NOTES
Note This function is only available with Zend Engine 2 (PHP >= 5.0.0). SEE ALSO
tidy.body(3), tidy.head(3). PHP Documentation Group TIDY_GET_HTML(3)