Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set of 2 records as one unit
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Set of 2 records as one unit Post 302558726 by PG3 on Sunday 25th of September 2011 05:05:15 AM
Old 09-25-2011
Ctsgnb,

Amazing. Perfect results. Ran this even on a file with 200,000 rows and came back at me under 1 minute.

Big big thanks.

Btw, can you please please decipher this for me as I might have to extrapolate this for maybe 4 rows instead of 2 as I mentioned in here & as such, some explanation would be very timely.

regards,
PGonzalez.

Last edited by PG3; 09-25-2011 at 06:21 AM.. Reason: Making myself clearer

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cutting a limited or given set of records in a datbase

I need to select "cut" a certain number of records in a database. ie. records 20 to 25. Help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iaf_user
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting MAC from GPS unit

Never mind i got the answer thanks., (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Based on num of records in file1 need to check records in file2 to set some condns

Hi All, I have two files say file1 and file2. I want to check the number of records in file1 and if its atleast 2 (i.e., 2 or greater than 2 ) then I have to check records in file2 .If records in file2 is atleast 1 (i.e. if its not empty ) i have to set some conditions . Could you pls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavesum
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract set of matching records

i have a pipe delimited file with records spread in many lines. i need to extract those records 1)having X in beginning of that record 2)and having at least one Y in beginning before other record begins eg: X|Rec1| A|Rec1| Y|Rec1| X|Rec2| Y|Rec2| Z|Rec3| X|Rec4| M|Rec4| ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: finder255
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding existing set of records in the same file

I have a file with 50,000 records in it, i have a requirement to use the same 50,000 records and add them 4 times to the same file to make a total of 200,000 records. I was wondering how to do this using ksh. Any help is greatly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Load average unit

Hi, On load average graph, unit is 100m, 200m, 300...800m. I don't understand what it means. Thx for helping (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michenux
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple unit script

Hello guys this is my first post in this forum. Since now ive been passive an ive only been looking for existing information. Now I could use specific help on a UNIX script i want to make that would: 1. Take 1-3 arguments. 2. Display the contents of its arguments, formatted as follows:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: banzomaster
7 Replies
SQLSRV_HAS_ROWS(3)														SQLSRV_HAS_ROWS(3)

sqlsrv_has_rows - Indicates whether the specified statement has rows

SYNOPSIS
bool sqlsrv_has_rows (resource $stmt) DESCRIPTION
Indicates whether the specified statement has rows. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - A statement resource returned by sqlsrv_query(3) or sqlsrv_execute(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the specified statement has rows and FALSE if the statement does not have rows or if an error occurred. EXAMPLES
Example #1 sqlsrv_has_rows(3) example <?php $server = "serverNamesqlexpress"; $connectionInfo = array( "Database"=>"dbName", "UID"=>"username", "PWD"=>"password" ) $conn = sqlsrv_connect( $server, $connectionInfo ); $stmt = sqlsrv_query( $conn, "SELECT * FROM Table_1"); if ($stmt) { $rows = sqlsrv_has_rows( $stmt ); if ($rows === true) echo "There are rows. <br />"; else echo "There are no rows. <br />"; } ?> SEE ALSO
sqlsrv_num_rows(3), sqlsrv_query(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLSRV_HAS_ROWS(3)