Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Startup script errors? Post 302558703 by pplayford on Sunday 25th of September 2011 03:18:23 AM
Old 09-25-2011
Startup script errors? (Resolved)

What I found in the /etc/rc.config.d/netdaemons file is the extra set of double quotes.

# INETD_ARGS - The command line arguments to be used when starting inetd.
#
export INETD=1
INETD_ARGS="-a -l"

After I removed the extra set of double quotes the issue was resolved.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Script Somewhere ?

Hello there! I need help. Everytime I login to my ssh, i see this: -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found any help ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbauto1
0 Replies

3. Solaris

svc Errors on OS startup

I'm having these weird errors. svc.configd: Fatal error: Backend copy failed: fails to read from /etc/svc/repository.db at offset 106496: Bad file number svc.configd: Fatal error: unable to create "boot" backup of "/etc/svc/repository.db" Mar 10 13:04:23 svc.startd:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
5 Replies

4. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Process dies when launched in system startup script

Good morning! I'm trying to add Maven to the system boot by the moment without success. Testing the operation of the script I realize that the process isn't persistent when the program is launched with the start option. ---- #Startup Script ---- #! /bin/sh # chkconfig: 345 99 1 #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: carpannav
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk Errors on notation

can someone spot what i'm doing wrong here: awk 'BEGIN{printf("%0.2f", 1 / 2649320) * 100}' i get this error: awk: line 1: syntax error at or near * then i do this and get the answer i'm trying to avoid: awk 'BEGIN{print(1 / 2649320) * 100}' 3.77455e-05 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script problem

The attached file is a copy of my rc.local. The rc.local script appears to execute as the tightvncserver gets started. However the nodemon process does not start. The element nodemon is a symlink to nodemon and the path is correct. I have a little start script located in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies
XOSD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   XOSD(1)

NAME
osd_cat - X on-screen file displayer SYNOPSIS
osd_cat [OPTION] [FILE]... osd_cat -b percentage|slider [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
Display FILE, or standard input, on X screen. -p, --pos=POS This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. POS can be top, middle, or bottom. The default is top. -o, --offset=OFFSET This option specifies the offset from the top or bottom of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -A, --align=ALIGN This option tells osd_cat where to display the text. ALIGN can be left, right or center. The default is left. -i, --indent=OFFSET This option specifies the INDENT from the left of screen the text is displayed. The default is 0. -f, --font=FONT This option specifies the FONT to be used for displaying the text. The default is fixed. -c, --color=COLOR This option specifies the COLOR to be used for displaying the text. The default is red. -d, --delay=TIME This option specifies the number of seconds the text is displayed. The default is 5 seconds. -l, --lines=LINES This option specifies the number of LINES to scroll the display over. The default is 5. -s, --shadow=OFFSET This option specifies the OFFSET of the text shadow. The default is 0, which means no text shadow is created. -S, --shadowcolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text shadow. The default is black. -O, --outline=WIDTH This option specifies the WIDTH of the text outline. The default is 0, which is no outline. -u, --outlinecolour=COLOUR This option specifies the COLOUR of the text outline. The default is black. -a, --age[=SCROLL_AGE] This option affects screen redrawing. If SCROLL_AGE seconds pass before a new line is ready (for example, you're reading from a pipe), all lines are cleared at once instead of being scrolled off as new lines replace old lines. The default is 0. When no SCROLL_AGE is explicitly given, the current value from DELAY is used. -w, --wait This option also affects screen redrawing. When there is data ready to be put on screen, this option will cause osd_cat to wait until the display is clear. An alternative to scrolling. -b, --barmode=TYPE Lets you display a percentage or slider bar instead of just text. TYPE may be percentage or slider. In this mode no text is read from any file, but the following options can be used: -P, --percentage=PERCENTAGE This option specified the position of the percentage / slider bar. PERCENTAGE may be in the range from 0 to 100, the default is 50. -T, --text=TEXT This option specifies an optional TEXT which gets displayed above the percentage bar. The default is empty, so no additional text is displayed. -h, --help display help (which is often more up to date) and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Martijn van de Streek <martijn@foodfight.org>, Some patching done by Malcolm Valentine <farkit@iprimus.com.au> and Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net>. xosd was written by Andre Renaud <andre@ignavus.net> and is maintained by Tim Wright <tim@ignavus.net> SEE ALSO
More information on the X OSD Library and its author can be found on http://www.ignavus.net/software.html <http://www.ignavus.net/software.html> COPYRIGHT
It is distributed under the GNU General Public License. X OSD cat January 2001 XOSD(1)