Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Rename VolGoup00 with active VolGroup00 Post 302558658 by dokhebi on Saturday 24th of September 2011 08:07:02 PM
Old 09-24-2011
I was able to work around the issue by copying the vm guest image file over to another machine that doesn't have a volume group named VolGroup00 and mounting the filesystem there. However, I still want to know how to rename a volume group in an image file if this option is not available.

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

active machine

HI can any one please tell me how to find the active machine in active/standby architecture , (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

active working

hi! i want to create a list of the active working of the system classified by size and run the list on the monitor in a contolled pattern.Every active work has to appear only once. Any suggestions? also how can i create a list of the active working that does not belong to the user root?thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: battaglia
5 Replies

4. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active Directory with 6.1

Is there anyone who is utilizing Active Directory (2008R2) for AIX user account management? If yes or if AD is possible with AIX systems, can you please share what to be done to get there? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

No VolGroup00 found after restart of the system

I am facing the following issue after giving a restart (init 6) of my RHEL 5.9 system. As a result,the system is not starting after a restart. Can somebody help me to trouble shoot the issue. Red Hat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while... ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
7 Replies

9. Solaris

VCS not active

Dear All, My current system run Solaris 9 SPARC 64 bit , and VXVM , VCS 4.1. I check all the node information . ls -l /etc/vx/*.exclude /etc/vx/*.exclude: No such file or directory root@devuardbs01 # vxdctl license All features are available: Mirroring Root Mirroring Concatenation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_user
0 Replies
VGRENAME(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VGRENAME(8)

NAME
vgrename - rename a volume group SYNOPSIS
vgrename [-A|--autobackup{y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] { OldVolumeGroupPath NewVolumeGroupPath | OldVolumeName NewVol- umeGroupName } DESCRIPTION
vgrename renames an existing (see vgcreate(8) ) volume group. OPTIONS -A, --autobackup y/n Controls automatic backup of VG metadata after the change ( see vgcfgbackup(8) ). Default is yes. -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -v, --verbose Gives verbose information about vgrename's activities. Examples "vgrename /dev/vg02 /dev/my_volume_group" renames existing volume group "vg02" to "my_volume_group". "vgrename vg02 my_volume_group" does the same. DIAGNOSTICS
vgrename returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 new volume group directory for device special files already exists 2 old volume group directory for device special files doesn't exist 3 new volume group name is invalid 4 old volume group name is invalid 5 error checking existence of old volume group 7 volume group names are identical 8 new volume group already exists 9 error reading VGDA 10 error removing old VGDA from kernel 11 error removing old VGDA from lvmtab 12 error removing device special files for old volume group 13 error creating device special files for new volume group 14 error inserting new volume group name into lvmtab 15 error backinp up VGDA 16 error writing VGDA to lvmtab 17 error renaming volume group in kernel 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_AUTOBACKUP If this variable is set to "no" then the automatic backup of VG metadata is turned off. LVM_VG_MAX_BACKUPS This variable determines the backup history depth of kept VGDA copy files in /etc/lvmconf. It can be set to a positive number between 0 and 999. The higher this number is, the more changes you can restore using vgcfgrestore(8). See also lvm(8), vgchange(8), vgcreate(8), lvrename(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS VGRENAME(8)