Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculate total of log by hour Post 302558326 by dehetoxic on Friday 23rd of September 2011 10:00:26 AM
Old 09-23-2011
thanks, but the code doesn't seems to work though, i get total of line instead

PHP Code:
adm@hsbcawk -F"[ :]" '{a[$3]++;next}END{for(i in a){print i"_--->"a[i]}}' messages
_
--->274

adm
@hsbcawk -F"[ :]" '{print $3}' messages  sort uniq -c

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate busy hour

Dear All, please tell me any script which can able to calculate the bus hours by claculating the volume for example hour volume 1 100 2 200 3 300 4 7000 5 50 6 80 7 77 8 77 9 165 10 888 11 99 12 89 13 33 14 676 15 878 16 90 17 56 (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk help needed to calculate total

Hi all, I have a flat file like 10 steven 25 mike 47 Charles 127 Nancy 34 steven 23 mike 67 Charles 7761 Nancy 8 steven 54 mike 88 Charles 1267 Nancy I need to calculate the total of steven and all the members , for this I am using like grep "`sed -n 1p patterns.txt`"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilkumar_ak
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to calculate total

Hi First field is the Record Type. A Record Type 5 can have multiple Record Type 6's before another Record Type 5 appears. I want to calculate the total of fields at position 8-11 on Record type 6 when Record Type 5 has a field at position 11-14 equals to '2222'. then it should delete the lines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appsguy616
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total sum from a file

The file content is dynamic and using this format: name1 number1 name2 number2 name3 number3 name4 number4 .................... Need a smooth way to calculate the sum of all the numbers in that file (number1 + number2 + number3 + number4........ = total ) (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string from logs of last 1 hour on files of 2 different servers and calculate count

Hi, I am trying to grep a particular string from the files of 2 different servers without copying and calculate the total count of its occurence on both files. File structure is same on both servers and for reference as follows: 27-Aug-2010... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total value from a row

HI I have a file # cat marks.txt MARKS LIST 2013 Name english french chinese latin total_marks wer 34 45 67 23 wqa 12 39 10 56 wsy 23 90 23 78 Now i need to find the total marks of each student using... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the total

Hi All , I have the following script as below , I tried to modify to meet the requirement , could someone help ? very thanks ================================================================================================ while read STR NAME; do Total=0 MyString="$STR" GetData () {... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total memory using free -m

Hi I am trying to calculate memory used by Linux System free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 32109 31010 1099 0 3600 7287 -/+ buffers/cache: 20121 11987 Swap: 10239 1282 8957 Now according to my requirement Im calculating memory using below cmd free -m | awk 'NR==3{printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
2 Replies
SA(8)							      System Manager's Manual							     SA(8)

NAME
sa, accton - system accounting SYNOPSIS
sa [ -abcdDfijkKlnrstu ] [ -v threshold ] [ -S savacctfile ] [ -U usracctfile ] [ file ] accton [ file ] DESCRIPTION
With an argument naming an existing file, accton causes system accounting information for every process executed to be placed at the end of the file. If no argument is given, accounting is turned off. Sa reports on, cleans up, and generally maintains accounting files. Sa is able to condense the information in /usr/adm/acct into a summary file /usr/adm/savacct which contains a count of the number of times each command was called and the time resources consumed. This condensation is desirable because on a large system /usr/adm/acct can grow by 100 blocks per day. The summary file is normally read before the accounting file, so the reports include all available information. If a file name is given as the last argument, that file will be treated as the accounting file; /usr/adm/acct is the default. Output fields are labeled: "cpu" for the sum of user+system time (in minutes), "re" for real time (also in minutes), "k" for cpu-time aver- aged core usage (in 1k units), "avio" for average number of i/o operations per execution. With options fields labeled "tio" for total i/o operations, "k*sec" for cpu storage integral (kilo-core seconds), "u" and "s" for user and system cpu time alone (both in minutes) will sometimes appear. There are near a googol of options: a Print all command names, even those containing unprintable characters and those used only once. By default, those are placed under the name `***other.' b Sort output by sum of user and system time divided by number of calls. Default sort is by sum of user and system times. c Besides total user, system, and real time for each command print percentage of total time over all commands. d Sort by average number of disk i/o operations. D Print and sort by total number of disk i/o operations. f Force no interactive threshold compression with -v flag. i Don't read in summary file. j Instead of total minutes time for each category, give seconds per call. k Sort by cpu-time average memory usage. K Print and sort by cpu-storage integral. l Separate system and user time; normally they are combined. m Print number of processes and number of CPU minutes for each user. n Sort by number of calls. r Reverse order of sort. s Merge accounting file into summary file /usr/adm/savacct when done. t For each command report ratio of real time to the sum of user and system times. u Superseding all other flags, print for each command in the accounting file the user ID and command name. v Followed by a number n, types the name of each command used n times or fewer. Await a reply from the terminal; if it begins with `y', add the command to the category `**junk**.' This is used to strip out garbage. S The following filename is used as the command summary file instead of /usr/adm/savacct. U The following filename is used instead of /usr/adm/usracct to accumulate the per-user statistics printed by the -m option. FILES
/usr/adm/acct raw accounting /usr/adm/savacct summary /usr/adm/usracct per-user summary SEE ALSO
ac(8), acct(2) BUGS
The number of options to this program is absurd. 4th Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 SA(8)