Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting store last command exit status in variable in shell script Post 302558215 by itkamaraj on Friday 23rd of September 2011 05:34:35 AM
Old 09-23-2011
Code:
else 
Flat File $i has no header

should be

Code:

else 
echo " File $i has no header "

---------- Post updated at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:03 PM ----------

you can check something like this also.

Code:

grep "DATA_ACQ_CYC_CNTL_ID" filename > /dev/null && echo "Header is there" || echo "Header is not there"

if your grep supports -q then no need to put > /dev/null

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking exit status of a shell script

Hi, I have tried with the following code; if ;then echo "Failure." else echo "Success." fi to test the exit status of the test.ksh shell script. But whatever is the exit status of the test.ksh shell script Failure. is always printed. Please help. regards, Dipankar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdipankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store query multiple result in shell script variable(Array)

:) Suppose,I have one table A. Table A have one column. Table A have 10 rows. I want this 10 rows store into shell script variable. like #!/bin/ksh v_shell_var=Hi here in call oracle , through loop How can I store table A's 10 rows into v_shell_var (Shell Script Array). Regards, Div (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$? = Exit status variable

hi, exit status variable $?, returns some digits. 0 ---> succes. 1..126 Failure (the program itself will decide what the numbers mean) 127 Command not found 128..254 The program did not exit normally. (E.g., it crashed, or received a signal) 255 Invalid exit code well, if $?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dummydba
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in exit status of the command in a shell script-FTP

Hi All, I have developed below script for FTP a file from unix machine to another machine. ftpToABC () { USER='xyz' PASSWD='abc' echo "open xx.yy.zbx.aaa user $USER $PASSWD binary echo "put $1 abc.txt" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ echo "quit" >> /home/tmp/ftp.$$ ftp -ivn <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Equivalents of tee command to find exit status of command

Hi, Want to log the output of command & check the exit status to find whether it succeeded or failed. > ls abc ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 1 > ls abc 2>&1 | tee log ls: abc: No such file or directory > echo $? 0 Tee commands changes my exit status to be always... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit status of a command in nner script to the outer script?

Hi all, I have a shell script inside which i am executing another shell script. In the inner script im executing a command. i want the status of that command in the outer script to perform some validations. How to get its status please help!!1 Im using ksh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Exit Status of shell script

I have a script named check which will read the content of a file and check wether those files exist in the current directory. If so it will have the exit status of 0, otherwise it will have 1. check script: #!/bin/bash if ; then #Check there is enough command line parameters. exit 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit Status of Command

Hi All, I am doing an export and import (datapump) of 4 schema. I know we can do an export of 4 schema in one command. But just want to know how to check the exit status if i do the export/import of 4 schema in different commands in background. Please suggest. Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script

Geeks, Could you please help me out in my script and identify the missing piece. I need to check/get the exit status of a remote command executed on remote host through script and send out an email when process/processes is/are not running on any/all server(s). Here's the complete... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
5 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)