Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP command-line utility usage Post 302557984 by doctorfoo1 on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 12:20:28 PM
Old 09-22-2011
download and install an FTP/SFTP client. For SFTP you will need OpenSSH installed.
not sure about windows 7, hopefully they have integrated a secure file transfer protocol, what ever that may be.
-x
This User Gave Thanks to doctorfoo1 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

3. Programming

command line socket read utility

HI I have a messaging s/w daemon(TIBCO rvrd) provided by vendor which will accept connections from various clients and routes messages to the destinations. In order to route it internally uses two ports(one tcp adn one udp). I want to know on which port(tcp/udp) it is transmitting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
3 Replies

4. Programming

top command line utility

I'm writing a monitoring application. I'd like to periodically get the information provided by the 'top' command line utility from within my code and write the output of 'top' to a file. Wondering if anyone has already done something like this. Doing system("top > someFile"); does not create... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: antoniomorandi
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uploading a Directory via FTP in the Command Line

Hello, Is there a way to upload a directory via ftp in the command line in a single line? I'd be looking for something like this: ftp -username me -password 12345 /Users/me/mywebsitefolder /publichtml/ But I can't figure out the proper syntax. Thank you for any help. -Grey (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wellington_grey
1 Replies

6. Linux

The dot command-line utility?

Hi, What else is the dot used beside relative filepaths in bash? Is it a shell utility as well? No man entry for dot (.)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varelg
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

DB Access Command Line Utility

To read/write to a DB from Java or Perl, you usually have to install/reference several drivers and write a whole bunch of boilerplate DB access code. I'm curious if someone has written a command line utility for Unix/Linux for simple database access for the major providers, something like: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: furashgf
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of if command in ftp

Hi , I am writing script to copy some files and folders . I am trying to use if command to check if folder exists and then copy in that folder but if command is not working: if then lcd $home_directory/sequences cd sequences mput * else echo "Not a Directory" fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in running a command line utility in CRON

Hi Everyone! I am facing an issue in running a command line utility from the CRON. This utility displays IPC statistics on UNIX message queues: The "queue name" and the "count" of messages in the queue. When running this utility from prompt, it will provide an output on the screen, like the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vai_sh
4 Replies
gesftpserver(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gesftpserver(8)

NAME
gesftpserver - Green End SFTP Server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gesftpserver [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gesftpserver implements the SFTP protocol. It is normally run as an SSH subsystem but can be run in other contexts if necessary. CONFIGURING OPENSSH
By default, OpenSSH will use its native SFTP server in response to requests for the SFTP subsystem. To use gesftpserver instead, add a suitable Subsystem command to sshd_config (and remove the existing one if present). For example: Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/gesftpserver IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
gesftpserver supports up to version 6 of the SFTP protocol and the following extensions: newline Reports the server's newline convention to the client. space-available Equivalent to df(1). supported v5 capability details supported2 v6 capability details text-seek Used for resuming text file downloads. vendor-id Reports server name and version to client. gesftpserver reports a vendor of "Green End" and a server name of "Green End SFTP Server". versions Lists available versions. version-select Select version. posix-rename@openssh.org Provides POSIX rename semantics even in pre-v5 SFTP. SEE ALSO
sshd_config(5) gesftpserver(8)