Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing and configuring OpenLDAP Post 302557515 by bitlord on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 11:32:32 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Hi,
I have been working the same thing. I don't know LDAP so well so gave up on installing the ldap server on Solaris 10. Thought the install for openldap on Solaris 11 is really easy. I ended up installing openldap on Red Hat. Setting openldap up and getting it running on Linux systems is fairly easy compared to doing it on Solaris 10. On youtube there are videos that setup openldap in about 5mins, using Linux.

You might want to try anther package system to set up openldap on Solaris. I had a hell of a time using sunfreeware packages. Blastware and openCSW have packages that I think will work better for you. These package managers do most of the work for you.

I hope this helps

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

OpenLDAP and Apache

Hello! I'm starting to panic here! I'm trying to authorize Subversion (via apache) users at my company here via LDAP. Sure everything works when just authorizing users with require valid-user But! That is not what I'm looking for, I wish to Authorize by membership in specifik groups... This... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

2. AIX

openLDAP with Aix

hello I have a P570 with 3 partitions. These partitions are available, since 1 year. So there are a lot of users, files, etc, on these partition I must now install an openldap with Debian to manage all these users. But several pb: on LDAP, we are 1 iud for user and one home directory, 1 gid... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

Need OpenLDAP Help

Hi, all: I'm studying for the RHCE and have hit the section on configuring an OpenLDAP client. I'd like to practice this, but I can't get an OpenLDAP server set up. I followed the directions in RedHat's Deployment Guide, and it looks like the server is up and running, but I can't get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjlohman
0 Replies

4. Solaris

OpenLDAP setup

At work I'm been givin the task to move are backend servers from NIS to LDAP. We have mostly Solaris 10 servers, as well as a few Redhat servers. I am going to use openLDAP as the LDAP server. I'm looking for a good how to guide on setting up the openLDAP server. Most of the docs I have found seem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bitlord
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Openldap configuration

I m using Intel solaris 10 version . I m trying to install openldap and used several documents and package versions . But every time I got CC PATH error and while I solved the CC issue , I got Barkley DB error . :wall: Is there any perticular site from where I can install and configure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjee
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Openldap 2.4.31 replication

Hi, I have done setup for openldap master and slave. Its working fine and replicating also. But it is working only with plane text password in syncrepl . How we can use encrypted password here also like we are using in rootpw ? Below portion is working. syncrepl rid=101 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
3 Replies
LDAPFRIENDLY(5) 						File Formats Manual						   LDAPFRIENDLY(5)

NAME
ldapfriendly - data file for LDAP friendly routines SYNOPSIS
/usr/share/openldap/ldapfriendly DESCRIPTION
The file /usr/share/openldap/ldapfriendly contains simple mapping information used by the ldap_friendly_name(3) routine. Blank lines and lines that have a first character of `#' are treated as comments and ignored. The information consists of lines that contain an "unfriend- ly" name, a tab, and a "friendly" name. Other friendly mapping files can be created and used by ldap_friendly_name(3). Just use the same format as that described above and include the file name in the ldap_friendly_name() call. FILES
/usr/share/openldap/ldapfriendly SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_friendly_name(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 20 August 2000 LDAPFRIENDLY(5)