Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to concatenate texts in perl only? Post 302557372 by birei on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 04:08:21 AM
Old 09-21-2011
It works as you point out. One file each time as input.
Code:
$ perl concat.pl file1.txt

I don't know why you want all code in the same function. It 's an implementation decision. I did so to separate the differences in input files and facilitate possible future modifications. If it works, feel free to adapt it to your needs.

Regards,
Birei

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate Logs - Perl Question

Hi All, I am fresh to perl and had been using shell scripting in my past experiences. In my part of perl program, i am trying to run a application command ccm stop, which should give some string output as the result. The output (error or sucess) has to be returned to an exisiting log file.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two Huge Texts and Combine Result to Third

hi, i want to examine two file and write some codes to a third file. note that seperators are TAB, not space. first file: 192.168.1.1 3 192.168.1.2 2 192.168.3.2 2 192.168.7.3 1 ... second file: 192.168.1.1 1 10.15.1.1 3 30 10.15.2.1 2 40 192.168.1.1 2 10.23.4.5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract texts using awk

Hello, I have two files: File1: a b c d File2: b c e I need 'e' as output.... Thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:15 PM ---------- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl concatenate an array

Not a perl guru and need some help with a script I inherited. My perl script has a variable that is concatenated and works fine as is, but what I need is to remove a string in the output and input a files content. This is emailed as a html report and I can't get the file to output in the email... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl filter unique and concatenate

Hi experts, I have some input like below, TEST A function W TEST A function X TEST B function Y TEST C function Z TEST C function ZY i would like to have below output, TEST A function W&X TEST B function Y TEST C function Z&ZY Please kindly help on this, i am cracking my head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingfatty
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Texts between 2 strings

Hi, I have a file with texts shown below, <2013 abc <2013 start request pdu dot1q end pdu response pdu dot1q end pdu am searching for the text "dot1q" , when it matches in the file , i need the contents between "<2013 start" and "end pdu". Can some one help on this ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate small line with next line perl script

Hello to all, I'm new to perl, I have input file that contains the string below: 315350535ff450000014534130101ff4500ff45453779ff450ff45545f01ff45ff453245341ff4500000545000This string has as line separator "ff45". So, I want to print each line but the code below is not working. perl -pe '... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Can there be alt-texts to icons?

Can you add hover texts (alt-texts) to icons? It is not always obvious what each of them mean just by looking at them. Sometimes it is clear from the url it points to, but for accessibility reasons alone it would be good to have alt-texts as a standard. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: figaro
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Aligning Texts

is there any way to align my text so every column begins on the same line as the previous line? here's my command: printf "THEN ( ${SEARCHPATTB} = Hour = ${CALTOTB} ) %8s => %8s NOW ( ${SEARCHPATT} = Hour = ${CALTOT} ) %7s => %7s Reduced By: %7s -${RESULT}"\\n output i'm currently getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)