Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX HMC - Getting Colon ":" in output Post 302557366 by marya on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 03:27:35 AM
Old 09-21-2011
AIX HMC - Getting Colon ":" in output

Hi,
I am executing below commands on HMC. I see that there is only colon ":" in output.

Can someone please help why I am getting ":" in output? Why I am not getting proper output?

Code:
xxxxx@yyyyhmc1:~> viosvrcmd -m PCC-p590#2-SN024D8F0 -p ppvio1 -c "lsmap -all"
:xxxxx@yyyyhmc1:~> viosvrcmd -m PCC-p590#3-SN024D8E0 -p psvio2 -c "lsmap -all"
:xxxxx@yyyyhmc1:~>

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Debian: doubt in "top" %CPU and "sar" output

Hi All, I am running my application on a dual cpu debian linux 3.0 (2.4.19 kernel). For my application: <sar -U ALL> CPU %user %nice %system %idle ... 10:58:04 0 153.10 0.00 38.76 0.00 10:58:04 1 3.88 0.00 4.26 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
0 Replies

2. AIX

"pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6

Anyone know what is the function of user "pconsole" and "esaadmin" on AIX version 6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebab3
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation of "total" field in "ls -l" command output

When I do a listing in one particular directory (ls -al) I get: total 43456 drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3701594 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3108510 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3070580 -rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody nobody 3099733 -rwxrwxr-x 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Join" or "Merge" more than 2 files into single output based on common key (column)

Hi All, I have working (Perl) code to combine 2 input files into a single output file using the join function that works to a point, but has the following limitations: 1. I am restrained to 2 input files only. 2. Only the "matched" fields are written out to the "matched" output file and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katabatic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. AIX

HMC firmware update - "Hard drive" LIC repository ?

Hi, I want to update managed system firmware using HMC. The easiest way to me is to download firmware directly to HMC hard disk. Question: Where shoud I put downloaded firmware in HMC hard disk ? - selection says "Hard disk" - no path no anything. thanks Vilius M. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort a column in UNIX that is colon separated ":" ?

Experts, how to sort this fields with numerical order : -How to use the sort command in this case, I was thinking with -k but it is not working, lan5000 lan5000:1 lan5000:10 lan5000:11 lan5000:12 lan5000:13 lan5000:14 lan5000:15 lan5000:16 lan5000:17 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk :help to parse a file to change to separated by colon ":"

Hi experts , I am trying to get the below output: file : 0/6/4/1 0x0019503C2E26 5 UP lan5 snap5 1 ETHER Yes 224 0/6/4/0 0x0019503C2E25 6 UP lan6 snap6 2 ETHER Yes 224 0/2/1/0 0x0019503E6900 0 UP lan0 snap0 3 ETHER Yes 224... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - io info get from "libperfstat" not match "iostat"

Hi, everyone. I need to write a program to get io info based on libperfstat. But the "write time" of a disk is just half of the value get from iostat. I'm confused and can't explain. Help please. How I calculate "write service time per sec": In iostat: write service... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackliang
0 Replies

10. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies
COLORS(3)						   libbash colors Library Manual						 COLORS(3)

NAME
colors -- libbash library for setting tty colors. SYNOPSIS
colorSet <color> colorReset colorPrint [<indent>] <color> <text> colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> <text> DESCRIPTION
General colors is a collection of functions that make it very easy to put colored text on tty. The function list: colorSet Sets the color of the prints to the tty to COLOR colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal colorPrint Prints TEXT in the color COLOR indented by INDENT (without adding a newline) colorPrintN The same as colorPrint, but trailing newline is added Detailed interface description follows. Available colors: Green Red Yellow White The color parameter is non-case-sensitive (i.e. RED, red, ReD, and all the other forms are valid and are the same as Red). FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
colorSet <color> Sets the current printing color to color. colorReset Resets current tty color back to normal. colorPrint [<indent>] <color> Prints text using the color color indented by indent (without adding a newline). Parameters: <indent> The column to move to before start printing. This parameter is optional. If ommitted - start output from current cursor position. <color> The color to use. <color> The text to print. colorPrintN [<indent>] <color> The same as colorPrint, except a trailing newline is added. EXAMPLES
Printing a green 'Hello World' with a newline: Using colorSet: $ colorSet green $ echo 'Hello World' $ colorReset Using colorPrint: $ colorPrint 'Hello World'; echo Using colorPrintN: $ colorPrintN 'Hello World' AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux