Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Cannot login to IBM 9110 - 510 Post 302557347 by yalmutawa on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 01:49:13 AM
Old 09-21-2011
It doesn't show Aix version and it does not recognize the installation CDs also.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wi0 d-link DWL-510 installation on freebsd

hello, i have a problem installing a d-link dwl-510 wireless network card on freebsd 4.8 first, i already successfully installed a dwl- 500 (which is a pcmcia card in a pci card) by adding just a few simple lines to my /etc/rc.conf pccard_enable="YES" pccard_mem="DEFAULT"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: termiEEE
0 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to install Redhat 5 on System p-510

Hii everyone, I am trying to install RHEL5 on system p Power 5-510 series box through installable CD's. Machine boots from CD and I receive boot prompt without any issue. After this when i press "Enter" tab, it starts loading Kernel and throws below error:- Also LED code i am receiving is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shrek
6 Replies

4. AIX

IBM business partner login

I'm looking to download some docs and test software from IBM web site. My login stated I'm not a IBM Business partner. Does anyone know of a guest or temp login I could use to access this site information? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

5. AIX

If the firmware upgrade code are same for 9117-570 and 9110-510?

When I try to download firmware for pseries (power5 cpu), I found it seems the firmware upgrade code are same for 9117-570 and 9110-510. If they are the same current firmware level and want to upgrade to same firmware. Am I right? Because it descript: This package provides new firmware for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX 5.2 installation on 'IBM system p5 type 9110-51A'

Hi All, I am new to AIX, not completly though.. I got a task to install AIX 5.2 on 'IBM system p5 type 9110-51A' server. I tried few things, but i am not able to get to the console of this server to proceed with the installation. I have installed AIX 6.1 earlier, but those servers can be plugged... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nd007
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to install AIX 5.1 on p5 type 9110-51A ?

Hello ALL I have a p510-9110 server with Aix 5.3 installed .. I have many issues related to (oracle 11.5.3 apps) . and oracle said :this OS is not supported with the current apps ..just 5.1 . I tried to install 5.1 on the p510 server , but even no boot from 5.1 cd !!! after goggling... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzmaher
10 Replies

8. AIX

How to Login Bios Server IBM p series?

Hii guys, I have IBM server power series, how to login BIOS at server IBM Power7 750, 730, 720, 520 and 550 ? and if I will new Install AIX, How I config " First Boot DVD" ?? I use command " # mount -V cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt " ( not work after reboot system). I need your help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
2 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies
BACKUP_DELHOST(8)					       AFS Command Reference						 BACKUP_DELHOST(8)

NAME
backup_delhost - Deletes a Tape Coordinator entry from the Backup Database SYNOPSIS
backup delhost -tapehost <tape machine name> [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup delh -t <tape machine name> [-p <TC port offset>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup delhost command deletes the indicated Tape Coordinator entry from the Backup Database. It is then impossible to submit backup operations to that Tape Coordinator, even if it is still running. To keep configuration information consistent, also remove the corresponding entry from the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine. To list the Tape Coordinator machines and port offsets defined in the Backup Database, issue the backup listhosts command. OPTIONS
-tapehost <tape machine name> Specifies the hostname of the machine housing the Tape Coordinator to delete. -portoffset <TC port offset> Specifies the port offset number of the Tape Coordinator to delete. If omitted, it defaults to 0. If provided, it is an integer between 0 (zero) and 58510, and must match the port offset number assigned to the same combination of Tape Coordinator and tape device or file in the /var/lib/openafs/backup/tapeconfig file on the Tape Coordinator machine indicated by the -tapehost argument. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command deletes the Backup Database entry for the Tape Coordinator with port offset 2 on the Tape Coordinator machine "backup3.abc.com": % backup delhost -tapehost backup3.abc.com -portoffset 2 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_addhost(8), backup_listhosts(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_DELHOST(8)