Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LUN Behavior
Operating Systems AIX LUN Behavior Post 302557220 by koschi on Tuesday 20th of September 2011 04:11:28 PM
Old 09-20-2011
You have the file system mounted on both nodes at the same time?
JFS2 does not support that, file system corruption is likely to occur...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ls behavior

I put this here because it is a 'behavior' type question.. I seem to remember doing ls .* and getting all the .-files, like .profile .login etc. But ls .* doesn't do that, it lsts the contents of every .*-type subdirectory. Is it supposed to? I should think that a -R should be given to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: AtleRamsli
10 Replies

2. Red Hat

How get more LUN info

Hello, I'm trying to help a guy out on a VMWARE server, running what looks like a cut down version of redhat? 2.4.9-vmnix2 ... Bascially the box serves vm clients via allocating a LUN from a SAN.. to cut a long story short, I need to find out which SAN the luns are comming from (could be 1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

LUN concept

In my location we have Hp storage (san),from there they created luns, so could u plz send me clear document for understanding LUN. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prem
1 Replies

4. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to get WWNN of the LUN in HP-UX

Good day! I’m a beginner HP-UX administrator. I have a task to create mulitipassing (I can mistake in this word) to new 3 disks which connected to my server from EVA. It is my first task to work with Secure Path. I have read what command I need to execute, but I don’t know, how to get the WWNN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Delphin911
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

LUN Presentation

Hi, I have presented a LUN from my EVA 4400 to a RHEL server. The server sees 4 paths to the LUN which I can see from fdisk. If I want to add this LUN to my OS i.e. # fdisk /dev/sd??? ....which actual device do I run fdisk against? I am running multipath so is there... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
12 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reuse a LUN

I have a LUN (From HP-Storage VA7110) that is claimed on 2 servers, but is in used in one of the VG on Server-1 . Now I want to shut Server-1 and re-use that LUN on server-2 . Server-1 Path-1 : /dev/rdsk/c4t0d1 Path-2: /dev/rdsk/c6t0d1 Server-2 Path-1: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d1 Path-2:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
8 Replies

8. AIX

Not getting Lun Id

Hi, I am not getiting lun id information on VIO Server. I have used the command fget_config command. just showing # prompt. I would like know wheather any other command is there equiv of fget_config which will display lun id? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

9. Solaris

How can i find the LUN ID's

Dear all, i want to get the LUN ID for some disks in solaris 10 what commands options for the MPXIO and inq i want these utilities only because i don't have solution enabler or powerpath BR, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxim42
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which disk is LUN?

how do I know which hdisk from "lsdev -Cc disk" is my LUN on NetApp after zoning from SAN switch? is it "MPIO other FC SCSI Disk Drive"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malayo
1 Replies
FSCK(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   FSCK(1)

NAME
fsck, fsck1 - perform file system consistency check SYNOPSIS
fsck [-aclmrs] [device] ... OPTIONS
-a Automatically repair inconsistencies -c Check and list only the specified i-nodes -l List the files and directories in the filesytem -r Prompt user for repairs if inconsistencies are found -s List the superblock of the file system EXAMPLES
fsck /dev/hd4 # Check file system on /dev/hd4 fsck -a /dev/at0 # Automatically fix errors on /dev/at0 fsck -l /dev/fd0 # List the contents of /dev/fd0 fsck -c 2 3 /dev/hd3 # Check and list /dev/hd3 i-nodes 2 & 3 DESCRIPTION
Fsck performs consistency checks on the file systems which reside on the specified devices. Fsck1 is an alternate version for use on obso- lete V1 file systems. When either the -a or -r flags are given, the file system will be repaired if errors are found. Before running fsck on a mounted file system, it must first be unmounted. Trying to repair a mounted file system is dangerous and should not be attempted. To repair the root file system (which cannot be unmounted), first type CTRL-F9 at the console to kill any and all processes. Log back in as root, type sync to force any buffered changes to disk, run fsck on the root file system and immediately reboot the computer by typing reboot. It is necessary to kill all processes before repairing the root file system to prevent them from modifying any disk blocks while fsck is running. This is only necessary for the root file system, any other file system can simply be unmounted before it is checked. SEE ALSO
mkfs(1), mount(1). FSCK(1)