Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting passing values to the shell script Post 302556720 by Shell_Life on Monday 19th of September 2011 11:05:11 AM
Old 09-19-2011
Check the "connect" command of sqlplus.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Passing Parameters and getting values back from a c program to Shell script

I am having a shell script which has to be called from a C program. I have to pass two parameters to this script. HOw can I do that? eg: int main() { char st1; char str2; // call a shell script call_sh(str1,str2) where call_sh is the name of the shell script. then i need to get the return... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Values from a shell script

Hi all I want to know how to pass value from one shell script to another suppose i have script named A.This 'A.sh' calls 'B.sh' .Now some calculations are done by B.sh ..Say in variable X. Now i want to pass the value of this X variable to 'A.sh'... A.sh ----> B.sh ( X variable ) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the values to the secondary script when it invoked by primary script

Hi, When I invoke a script s1.sh it will call an another script s2.sh by itself. This script s2.sh will call some java files, so while running the script it asks for a file name to be processed. Which we can see in the screen. The file name to be processed is present in script s1.sh Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing the values to the secondary script when it invoked by primary script

Hi, When I invoke a script s1.sh it will call an another script s2.sh by itself. This script s2.sh will call some java files, so while running the script it asks for a file name to be processed. Which we can see in the screen. The file name to be processed is present in script s1.sh Now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_eie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handling values with space while passing commandline argument from wrapper script in KSH

Hi there, I have a wapper script which passes the argument from command prompt to inner script.. It works fine as long as the argument containing single word. But when value contains multiple word with space, not working as expected. I tried my best, couldn't find the reason. Gurus, pls.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kans
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing PERL var values to SH Shell Script

Greetings all, If I have a SH script that calls a PERL script in the following way: perl $HOME/scripts/config.properties And in the config.properties PERL file, this Perl script only sets a number of environmental parameters in the following way: #!/usr/bin/perl $VAR1 = ( ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gikyo12
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values from awk to shell variable

I am writing a script where I need awk to test if two columns are the same and shell to do something if they are or are not. Here is the code I'm working with: @ test = 0 ... test = `awk '{if($1!=$2) print 1; else print 0}' time_test.tmp` #time_test.tmp holds two values separated by a space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malavin
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing values to an XML file from shell script

:wall: Hi, I have an XML file with 5 tags. I need to pass values to the XML file from a shell script that will replace values in 2 of the tags. I cannot hardcode the tag values in XML and use replace command in script as the values are likely to change. Please help !!!!!!!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Monalisaa
2 Replies
Session::Store::Informix(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Session::Store::Informix(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Informix - Store persistent data in a Informix database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Informix; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Informix; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Informix fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Informix database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id char(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session lvarchar To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id char(32) not null primary key, a_session lvarchar ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Informix', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Informix:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Informix', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Mike Langen <mike.langen@tamedia.ch>, based on the original for Oracle. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Informix(3)