Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sun servers currently used
Operating Systems Solaris sun servers currently used Post 302556430 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 18th of September 2011 01:46:53 PM
Old 09-18-2011
from the field i can say that there are still the old models in use (10+ years). so indeed, the list would include almost ALL models ever build.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hardware monitoring on unix servers (Sun and Bull AIX)

Hello, I was given the task to write a shell script that must detect hardware problems on Unix Solaris and AIX servers. Problems that should be detected by this script are for example: abnormally high temperature or voltage etc... So, does anyone know if that kind of information is logged in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. Solaris

identifying Tape drives on Sun Servers

Hi, Can you please help me to locate tape drives on Sun Server and the capacity of the tape drive. I am managing a Sun 4u server. Need this urgently. Regards, Vivek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_scv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Default ALOM username and password for the Sun servers

Hi, Anyone please tell me the default ALOM username and password for the sun server(Sun fire V210). Thanks muthu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Windows AD for Sun Solaris Servers

Hi All I have a few sun servers(5.9) on xyz.com domain. I have to integrate these servers with the Windows AD of another domain,say abc.com. My sun servers should use the AD of abc.com for user authentication. I am thinking of implementing NIS. But not too sure whether it will work. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: efunds
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Cannot get my Sun Solaris servers to log into Brocade Switch

Cannot get my Sun Solaris servers to log into a Brocade 5100. All fiber has been connected correctly and all drivers and firmware are loaded and up to date according to EMCGrab report. Below is an output from server. Please Help: HBA Port WWN: 2100001b321063c4 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbkilbride
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor sun servers temperature

Dears, need help on developing a script to monitor sun server temperature , I'm using the below command to check the servers one by one /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag -v Servers Models are : 2 x Sun SPARC Enterprise M9000 Server 4 x Sun Fire V490 2 x Sun Blade T6300 Server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bejo4ever
1 Replies

7. Solaris

ILOM Banner Sun x41XX servers

Is it possible to set the information that shows in the cli banner when you login to the ILOM? In addition, after I set the hostname of the ILOM, how do I check it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun M5000 servers diaster recovery plan

Hi, We have two Sun M5000 systems. A is Oracle server and B is testing server. There are nine Solaris 10 zones set on A. SAN is connecting to A with ZFS configuration. Now we want to set B to be a backup server of A and make the two as identical as possible. No VERITAS cluster, no Solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Auditing Sun Servers

Hi All, I am new joinee to this forum and recently promoted as sun administrator from dba. I still dont know whether i can handle it fully . My first task is to audit set of sun servers and findout what it is doing and whether it can be upgraded or decommissioned and if upgraded whether it can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundba
5 Replies
Config::Model::models::Itself::Class(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Config::Model::models::Itself::Class(3pm)

NAME
Config::Model::models::Itself::Class - Configuration class Itself::Class DESCRIPTION
Configuration classes used by Config::Model Configuration class. This class represents a node of a configuration tree. Elements class_description Explain the purpose of this configuration class. This description will be re-used to generate the documentation of your configuration class. You can use pod markup to format your description. See perlpod for details.Optional. Type string. license Optional. Type string. author Optional. Type list of uniline. copyright Optional. Type list of uniline. element Specify the elements names of this configuration class.Optional. Type hash of node. include Include the specification of another class into this class.Optional. Type list of reference. include_after insert the included elements after a specific element. Optional. Type reference. write_config_dir Deprecated Optional. Type uniline. read_config_dir Deprecated Optional. Type uniline. generated_by When set, this class was generated by some program. You should not edit it as your modification may be clobbered later on. Optional. Type uniline. read_config Specify the Perl class(es) and function(s) used to read configuration data. The specified function will be tried in sequence to get configuration data. Optional. Type list of node. write_config Specify the Perl class and function used to write configuration data.Optional. Type list of node. accept Specifies names of the elements this configuration class will accept as valid. The key of the hash is a regular expression that will be tested against candidate parameters. When the parameter matches the regular expression, a new parameter is created in the model using the description provided in the value of this hash key. Note that the regexp must match the whole candidate parameter name. I.e. the specified regexp will be eval'ed with a leading ^ and a trailing $.Optional. Type hash of node. SEE ALSO
o cme o Config::Model::models::Itself::ConfigAccept o Config::Model::models::Itself::ConfigRead o Config::Model::models::Itself::ConfigWrite o Config::Model::models::Itself::Element AUTHOR
Dominique Dumont COPYRIGHT
2007-2011 Dominique Dumont. LICENSE
LGPL-2 perl v5.14.2 2012-06-22 Config::Model::models::Itself::Class(3pm)