Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users please help me 2 command 1 line Post 302556363 by ayman on Sunday 18th of September 2011 07:12:16 AM
Old 09-18-2011
please help me 2 command 1 line

hello ever body
sorry for my bad english

and i need your help , i have big problem in my system i need to do 2 command in one line
my example

Code:
## ls -al 
\total 6
drwxrwxr-x   2 owadmin  staff       1024 Sep 18 12:33 .
drwxrwxrwx   6 owadmin  staff       1024 Sep 18 12:19 ..
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 a
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff        280 Sep 18 12:33 aytest
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 b
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 c
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 d
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 e
-rw-rw-r--   1 owadmin  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 f
-rw-rw-r--   1 expmms0  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 g
-rw-rw-r--   1 expmms0  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 h
-rw-rw-r--   1 expmms0  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 i
-rw-rw-r--   1 expmms0  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 j
-rw-rw-r--   1 expmms0  staff          0 Sep 18 12:20 k
# ls -al |grep expmms0
#-rw-rw-r-- 1 expmms0 staff 0 Sep 18 12:20 g
-rw-rw-r-- 1 expmms0 staff 0 Sep 18 12:20 h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 expmms0 staff 0 Sep 18 12:20 i
-rw-rw-r-- 1 expmms0 staff 0 Sep 18 12:20 j
-rw-rw-r-- 1 expmms0 staff 0 Sep 18 12:20 k
#i need to chown  all expmms0 to onther user

i want to list all files and chown all of them to onther user

that is just an examle only but i have 500 files i need to change
so please if any one know how can i solve this problem try to tell me
thanks a lot

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 09-18-2011 at 08:48 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command [ printing a pattern + its line no or line no alone ]

Hello friends, Only very recently i started learning sed command...an i found that sed is faster in finding the patterns than some of my scripts that uses grep to check the patten inside a file using line by line search method which is time consuming. The below script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Loading a command's output line by line into an array

I have been trying this a lot of different ways and haven't found too much online. Here's what I've got so far: j=0 declare -a first zero=(`cat $tmpfile`) for i in "${zero}" do command $i >> "${first}" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line at a specific line number with some other line

my requirement is, consider a file output cat output blah sdjfhjkd jsdfhjksdh sdfs 23423 sdfsdf sdf"sdfsdf"sdfsdf"""""dsf hellow there this doesnt look good et cetc etc etcetera i want to replace a line of line number 4 ("this doesnt look good") with some other line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl command line option '-n','-p' and multiple files: can it know a file name of a printed line?

I am looking for help in processing of those options: '-n' or '-p' I understand what they do and how to use them. But, I would like to use them with more than one file (and without any shell-loop; loading the 'perl' once.) I did try it and -n works on 2 files. Question is: - is it possible to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies
CHGRP(1)							   User Commands							  CHGRP(1)

NAME
chgrp - change group ownership SYNOPSIS
chgrp [OPTION]... GROUP FILE... chgrp [OPTION]... --reference=RFILE FILE... DESCRIPTION
Change the group of each FILE to GROUP. With --reference, change the group of each FILE to that of RFILE. -c, --changes like verbose but report only when a change is made --dereference affect the referent of each symbolic link (this is the default), rather than the symbolic link itself -h, --no-dereference affect each symbolic link instead of any referenced file (useful only on systems that can change the ownership of a symlink) --no-preserve-root do not treat `/' specially (the default) --preserve-root fail to operate recursively on `/' -f, --silent, --quiet suppress most error messages --reference=RFILE use RFILE's group rather than specifying a GROUP value -R, --recursive operate on files and directories recursively -v, --verbose output a diagnostic for every file processed The following options modify how a hierarchy is traversed when the -R option is also specified. If more than one is specified, only the final one takes effect. -H if a command line argument is a symbolic link to a directory, traverse it -L traverse every symbolic link to a directory encountered -P do not traverse any symbolic links (default) --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit EXAMPLES
chgrp staff /u Change the group of /u to "staff". chgrp -hR staff /u Change the group of /u and subfiles to "staff". AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie and Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report chgrp bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for chgrp is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and chgrp programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'chgrp invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 7.1 July 2010 CHGRP(1)