Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnome3 top panel
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Gnome3 top panel Post 302556176 by vistastar on Saturday 17th of September 2011 02:32:51 AM
Old 09-17-2011
Gnome3 top panel

I installed fedora15, but it's panel is on the top. How to move it down to the bottom?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control Panel seeking.

Hi, guys. My friends and I used to rent space from our ISP, and they applied Cpanel to help us to config. Recently we just upgrade to the dedicated server plan, and there is nothing but only the os has been installed. Since Cpanel is the commercial software, we cannot afford it, we need to find a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Have Top Display The Top 20 Processes??

how can i do that in a script withough havin the script halt at the section where the top command is located. am writign a script that will send me the out put of unx commands if the load average of a machine goes beyond the recommended number. top -n 20 i want to save this output to a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

3. AIX

alert signal in panel

hi experts, In my AIX p-series server, in the panel board, i saw the attention singal is glowing..... i dont know how to clear this from console/remotly..... please help me out. thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Desktop Panel misbehaviour

On my Desktop panel the 'shortcuts' to 'Places' all opens Rhytmbox instaed of Documents,Pictures etc. My system is SunOS Ultra20 5.11 snv_99 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris It came with my first opening of rhytmbox.:confused: Does anybody know how to fix this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vatch23
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Applets to panel

This may sound simple, but its not! I have been making a few live-cds lately and have been customizing it using gconftool-2 --direct etc.... to change background, panel color etc... I have looked and looked but cannot find a way to add a applet to the top panel via command line, im sure there must... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
0 Replies

6. AIX

Top command in AIX 4.2 (no topas, no nmon, no top)?

Is there a 'top' command equivalent in AIX 4.2 ? I already checked and I do not see the following ones anywhere: top nmon topas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
1 Replies

7. AIX

Need a list of top 10 CPU using processes (also top 10 memory hogs, separately)

Okay, I am trying to come up with a multi-platform script to report top ten CPU and memory hog processes, which will be run by our enterprise monitoring application as an auto-action item when the CPU and Memory utilization gets reported as higher than a certain threshold I use top on other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thenomad
5 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Do you like new GNOME3 GUI ?

I was disappointed with new GNOME3. It is not possible to create new shortcuts on Desktop or to create new file or folder and icons remind me on smartphone launchers :wall: For me that is not serious GUI for servers and not even for a Desktop. Hope for better future :D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
8 Replies

9. Linux

System Panel disappear.

Dear all, I lost my CentOS 6.4, Systems default bar/panel where we navigate our system for the Applications, Places & System, Is there anyone who can help me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Gnome3 locksup on new Linux kernel 12.6.xxx & 12.5.xxx

Hi Forum Ive been having a problem with the kernal(s) for some strange reason it every time I try and access the date and time/calendar or system settings it locks up the whole laptop and nothing responds. :(. This doesn't happen 11.10.xxx kernel . Any help would be much appreciated and thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies
panel(3X)																 panel(3X)

NAME
panel - panel stack extension for curses SYNOPSIS
#include <panel.h> cc [flags] sourcefiles -lpanel -lncurses PANEL *new_panel(WINDOW *win) int bottom_panel(PANEL *pan) int top_panel(PANEL *pan) int show_panel(PANEL *pan) void update_panels(); int hide_panel(PANEL *pan) WINDOW *panel_window(const PANEL *pan) int replace_panel(PANEL *pan, WINDOW *window) int move_panel(PANEL *pan, int starty, int startx) int panel_hidden(const PANEL *pan) PANEL *panel_above(const PANEL *pan) PANEL *panel_below(const PANEL *pan) int set_panel_userptr(PANEL *pan, const void *ptr) const void *panel_userptr(const PANEL *pan) int del_panel(PANEL *pan) DESCRIPTION
Panels are curses(3X) windows with the added feature of depth. Panel functions allow the use of stacked windows and ensure the proper por- tions of each window and the curses stdscr window are hidden or displayed when panels are added, moved, modified or removed. The set of currently visible panels is the stack of panels. The stdscr window is beneath all panels, and is not considered part of the stack. A window is associated with every panel. The panel routines enable you to create, move, hides, and show panels, as well as position a panel at any desired location in the stack. Panel routines are a functional layer added to curses(3X), make only high-level curses calls, and work anywhere terminfo curses does. FUNCTIONS
new_panel(win) allocates a PANEL structure, associates it with win, places the panel on the top of the stack (causes it to be displayed above any other panel) and returns a pointer to the new panel. void update_panels() refreshes the virtual screen to reflect the relations between the panels in the stack, but does not call doupdate() to refresh the physical screen. Use this function and not wrefresh or wnoutrefresh. update_panels() may be called more than once before a call to doupdate(), but doupdate() is the function responsible for updating the physical screen. del_panel(pan) removes the given panel from the stack and deallocates the PANEL structure (but not its associated window). hide_panel(pan) removes the given panel from the panel stack and thus hides it from view. The PANEL structure is not lost, merely removed from the stack. show_panel(pan) makes a hidden panel visible by placing it on top of the panels in the panel stack. See COMPATIBILITY below. top_panel(pan) puts the given visible panel on top of all panels in the stack. See COMPATIBILITY below. bottom_panel(pan) puts panel at the bottom of all panels. move_panel(pan,starty,startx) moves the given panel window so that its upper-left corner is at starty, startx. It does not change the position of the panel in the stack. Be sure to use this function, not mvwin(), to move a panel window. replace_panel(pan,window) replaces the current window of panel with window (useful, for example if you want to resize a panel; if you're using ncurses, you can call replace_panel on the output of wresize(3X)). It does not change the position of the panel in the stack. panel_above(pan) returns a pointer to the panel above pan. If the panel argument is (PANEL *)0, it returns a pointer to the bottom panel in the stack. panel_below(pan) returns a pointer to the panel just below pan. If the panel argument is (PANEL *)0, it returns a pointer to the top panel in the stack. set_panel_userptr(pan,ptr) sets the panel's user pointer. panel_userptr(pan) returns the user pointer for a given panel. panel_window(pan) returns a pointer to the window of the given panel. DIAGNOSTICS
Each routine that returns a pointer returns NULL if an error occurs. Each routine that returns an int value returns OK if it executes suc- cessfully and ERR if not. COMPATIBILITY
Reasonable care has been taken to ensure compatibility with the native panel facility introduced in SVr3.2 (inspection of the SVr4 manual pages suggests the programming interface is unchanged). The PANEL data structures are merely similar. The programmer is cautioned not to directly use PANEL fields. The functions show_panel() and top_panel() are identical in this implementation, and work equally well with displayed or hidden panels. In the native System V implementation, show_panel() is intended for making a hidden panel visible (at the top of the stack) and top_panel() is intended for making an already-visible panel move to the top of the stack. You are cautioned to use the correct function to ensure compati- bility with native panel libraries. NOTE
In your library list, libpanel.a should be before libncurses.a; that is, you want to say `-lpanel -lncurses', not the other way around (which would give you a link error using GNU ld(1) and some other linkers). FILES
panel.h interface for the panels library libpanel.a the panels library itself SEE ALSO
curses(3X) AUTHOR
Originally written by Warren Tucker <wht@n4hgf.mt-park.ga.us>, primarily to assist in porting u386mon to systems without a native panels library. Repackaged for ncurses by Zeyd ben-Halim. panel(3X)