Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: arrays and two values
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting arrays and two values Post 302556041 by Corona688 on Friday 16th of September 2011 11:34:49 AM
Old 09-16-2011
ksh has better than 2d arrays, it has associative arrays. You can do ARR["apples"]=30

We detail on how this "fruit-daemon" provides its information to show you how to use that information, naturally.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenating arrays cell values in shell scripting

Hi All, I want to concatenate the array cell values and form a string.. Is it possible? for ex. I have an array word_array contains d u m b and after concatenating the string shld be 'dumb' thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing values in arrays using shell

Friends, I have to execute a command and store its contents into an array using shell. this is what i have tried #!/bin/bash disk_names = ($(`iostat -xtc | egrep -v "device|nfs" | awk '{print $1}'| tr '\n' ' ' `)) But its throwing an error message as ./test-script ./test-script:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays using csh

I am reading a number of files but then I want to put the ranges xmin xmax ymin ymax as arrays for each file. Any idea how I can do this??? set j = 1 echo "Welcome $i times" while ( $j <= $i ) echo "$j" set fname = $fin-bst-misf.xy echo " "$fname ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cleaning up Arrays with duplicate values

Hey Gang! So I have two Arrays. @linecount and @hit. Now these arrays contain numbers which I'm using as line placeholders on files. I need these two arrays to sync up and not repeat a number. Here are the contents (spam alert) @linecount 1 28 53 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adelsin
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing values in arrays

I have the following csh script which lets the use pass the following as an argument -legend=tag1/tag2/tag3/tag4/tag5/tag6/tag7 We pass a number of tags separated by '/'. I want to save the legend tags in an array and have done as below. How can I improve on this as things are getting quite... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. Programming

question about int arrays and file pointer arrays

if i declare both but don't input any variables what values will the int array and file pointer array have on default, and if i want to reset any of the elements of both arrays to default, should i just set it to 0 or NULL or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I find the sum of values from two arrays?

Hi I have redc containing the values 3, 6, 2, 8, and 1. I have work containing the values 8, 2, 11, 7, and 9. Is there a way to find the sum of redc and work? I need to compare the sum of those two arrays to something else, so is it okay to put that into my END? TY! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: razrnaga
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using dynamic arrays to extract the values

Hi all, We have requirement to generate load timing based on subject areas HOUSEHOLD, BANKING and TRADING. These values are stored in an array SUB_ARR SUB_ARR=("HOUSEHOLD" "BANKING" "TRADING") Based on indicator files produced while processing data for each type, we need to get the stats (using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the values of dynamically named arrays

Hi all, In ksh, I'm trying to loop through all of my arrays, named array1, array2, array3..., and update the indices. But I'm getting errors and I'm not sure how to fix them. The errors are ./parse.sh: 6+1: not found The code is: eval \${array$c}=$(eval \${array$c}+1 ) Any help... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicksantos1
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two arrays by values [BASH]

I have 2 arrays of values for example A1 ={10 15 3 21} A2 ={10 15 3 22} I need to check which one has greater values. However: A1 ={10 15 3 21} A2 ={10 15 3 21 3} - this one would be greater. A1 ={10 15 5 21} - this one greater A2 ={10 15 3 21} Basically, I want to compare patch... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jutsimitsu
6 Replies
raid0run(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       raid0run(8)

NAME
raid0run - starts up old (superblock-less) RAID0/LINEAR arrays SYNOPSIS
raid0run [--configfile] [--version] [--force] [--upgrade] [-acvfuv] </dev/md?>+ DESCRIPTION
raid0run sets up a set of block devices into a single RAID0 array. It looks in its configuration file for the md devices mentioned on the command line, and initializes those arrays. raid0run only works for RAID0 and LINEAR devices, it's ment as a compatibility/migration com- mand for arrays created with old mdtools. Note that initializing RAID devices with the wrong RAID configuration file might destroy all data on the consituent devices! RAID arrays with superblocks are much safer and are auto-started by the kernel.. OPTIONS
-c, --configfile filename Use filename as the configuration file (/etc/raidtab is used by default). -a, --all Starts up all nonpersistent RAID0 and LINEAR arrays defined in raidtab. It skips all persistent or non-RAID0/LINEAR arrays. This switch is handy to be used in startup scripts for old installations. -h, --help Displays a short usage message, then exits. -V, --version Displays a short version message, then exits. NOTES
The raidtools are derived from the md-tools and raidtools packages, which were originally written by Marc Zyngier, Miguel de Icaza, Gadi Oxman, Bradley Ward Allen, and Ingo Molnar. BUGS
no known bugs. SEE ALSO
raidtab(5) raid0run(8)