Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Simplest way to format with If on stout? Post 302555788 by MrEddy on Thursday 15th of September 2011 03:10:11 PM
Old 09-15-2011
Appreciate all the answers. So far I have made so much progress on my custom prompt and i'm quite happy with the results. It's so streamline and customized that it answers about 20 different questions about the system at a glance. The last thing i'm trying to do involves the same process but I need to be able to compare sdout with a variable in side of awk. I can't seem to get it to work with a variable. The output of the command will be the IP address the hostname resolves to and the variable $actualip is the actual configured IP on the system. So the idea is that they will match when properly configured.

Code:
command | awk '{if($0==$actualip) print "\033[5;33m" $0 "\033[0;35m\" ;  else print "\033[0;32m" $0}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the simplest question in the WORLD

how do i get unix on my windows 95 computer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killfry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm incapable of the simplest thing

Okay, stupid question How can I use ed, exactly? I need just a quick tutorial, thanks. Cheers! Tavy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tavy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I find files by date or size from stout?

Hello all I wander if I make for example " ls -l " And it gives me all the files in the directory with the additional info like data size and privileges But what if I like to filter the stout result for example by date When I try to do: echo "`ls -l`" | grep "Jan 12" it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

stout, stderr to syslog via function with if statement

I have a function called sysLogger in a bash script that I am using to redirect stdout and stderr to syslog. Part of the script contains an option to turn on debugging otherwise I want debugging output to go to /dev/null. I am struggling to understand how to make this work using the function... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should be the simplest thing in the world grep

should be the simplest thing in the world use grep but i not get it i have several files, in this files i need to khow how many times the words are repeated but the files must star whit P_ this work egrep -c "word1|word2" *P_* result: P_11351814:1 P_11351823:3 P_11351826:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SirGrifo
2 Replies

8. Programming

The simplest network driver

Hi, I am trying to write the simplest network driver that would send whatever through cable. My configuration is: Linux machine with some Intel network adapter Another machine with WireShark I connected Intel network adapter to second machine and want anything to pop up at wireshark. ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format

"Help Me" Need script for transferring bulk files from one format to text format in a unix server. Please suggest (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kranthi Kumar
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simplest way to access Linux system mail from email client

I'm not a Linux newbie but this seemed like a pretty n00b question. I am familiar with Postfix/Dovecot setups but now I am looking for the simplest way to access mail on a Linux system, such as the mail that goes to /var/mail/root. I know I can edit /etc/aliases and have the system mail go straight... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TayKimchi
6 Replies
GIT-MERGETOOL(1)						    Git Manual							  GIT-MERGETOOL(1)

NAME
git-mergetool - Run merge conflict resolution tools to resolve merge conflicts SYNOPSIS
git mergetool [--tool=<tool>] [-y|--no-prompt|--prompt] [<file>...] DESCRIPTION
Use git mergetool to run one of several merge utilities to resolve merge conflicts. It is typically run after git merge. If one or more <file> parameters are given, the merge tool program will be run to resolve differences on each file (skipping those without conflicts). Specifying a directory will include all unresolved files in that path. If no <file> names are specified, git mergetool will run the merge tool program on every file with merge conflicts. OPTIONS
-t <tool>, --tool=<tool> Use the merge resolution program specified by <tool>. Valid merge tools are: araxis, bc3, diffuse, ecmerge, emerge, gvimdiff, kdiff3, meld, opendiff, p4merge, tkdiff, tortoisemerge, vimdiff and xxdiff. If a merge resolution program is not specified, git mergetool will use the configuration variable merge.tool. If the configuration variable merge.tool is not set, git mergetool will pick a suitable default. You can explicitly provide a full path to the tool by setting the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to kdiff3 by setting mergetool.kdiff3.path. Otherwise, git mergetool assumes the tool is available in PATH. Instead of running one of the known merge tool programs, git mergetool can be customized to run an alternative program by specifying the command line to invoke in a configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.cmd. When git mergetool is invoked with this tool (either through the -t or --tool option or the merge.tool configuration variable) the configured command line will be invoked with $BASE set to the name of a temporary file containing the common base for the merge, if available; $LOCAL set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file on the current branch; $REMOTE set to the name of a temporary file containing the contents of the file to be merged, and $MERGED set to the name of the file to which the merge tool should write the result of the merge resolution. If the custom merge tool correctly indicates the success of a merge resolution with its exit code, then the configuration variable mergetool.<tool>.trustExitCode can be set to true. Otherwise, git mergetool will prompt the user to indicate the success of the resolution after the custom tool has exited. -y, --no-prompt Don't prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. --prompt Prompt before each invocation of the merge resolution program. This is the default behaviour; the option is provided to override any configuration settings. TEMPORARY FILES
git mergetool creates *.orig backup files while resolving merges. These are safe to remove once a file has been merged and its git mergetool session has completed. Setting the mergetool.keepBackup configuration variable to false causes git mergetool to automatically remove the backup as files are successfully merged. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-MERGETOOL(1)