Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to redirect stderr to a file as well Post 302555753 by vbe on Thursday 15th of September 2011 01:22:39 PM
Old 09-15-2011
What do you want? errors and stdout in same file? or errors in one stdout in another?
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect stdout and stderr

How can I redirect and append stdout and stderr to a file when using cron? Here is my crontab file: */5 * * * * /dir/php /dir/process_fns.php >>& /dir/dump.txt Cron gives me an 'unexpected character found in line' when trying to add my crontab file. Regards, Zach Curtis POPULUS (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zcurtis
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i redirect stderr to file in Make?

Hello all im using tcsh shell on sun Solaris , using the Make utility for compilation i will like to be able to redirect the stderr to file , how can it be done ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect stderr and stdout to a file

Hi friends I am facing one problem while redirecting the out of the stderr and stdout to a file let example my problem with a simple example I have a file (say test.sh)in which i run 2 command in the background ps -ef & ls & and now i am run this file and redirect the output to a file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushantnirwan
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect just stderr to a file with a timestamp

I'm using below command to redirect stderr to a file but I also want to add timestamp to stderr.out to find out the date / time the error occurred. ls -ltr 2>>/tmp/stderr.out Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect stdout/stderr to a file globally

Hi I am not if this is possible: is it possible in bach (or another shell) to redirect GLOBALLY the stdout/stderr channels to a file. So, if I have a script script.sh cmd1 cmd2 cmd3 I want all stdout/stderr goes to a file. I know I can do: ./script.sh 1>file 2>&1 OR ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: islegmar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout and stderr to file wrong order problem with subshell

Hello I read a lot of post related to this topic, but nothing helped me. :mad: I'm running a ksh script with subshell what processing some ldap command. I need to check output for possible errors. #!/bin/ksh ... readinput < $QCHAT_INPUT |& while read -p line do echo $line ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Osim
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh- redirect stderr to file and then modify the file

I have the following: remsh $host -n 2>>syslog_issue_list.txt grep -i -e "EMS" -e "error" -e "warning" -e "excessive" /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log | awk /"$DATE1"/ | awk -vhost="$host" '!/remsh|telnetd/{print host "\n", $0 >> "syslog_issue_list.txt"}' I am creating a health script that has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipblah84
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect STDOUT & STDERR to file and then on screen

Dear all, redirecting STDOUT & STDERR to file is quite simple, I'm currently using: exec 1>>/tmp/tmp.log; exec 2>>/tmp/tmp.logBut during script execution I would like the output come back again to screen, how to do that? Thanks Lucas (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect stderr for <file if file does not exist?

$ a=$(<missing) -bash: missing: No such file or directory $ a=$(<missing) 2> /dev/null -bash: missing: No such file or directory $ a=$(<missing 2> /dev/null) -bash: missing: No such file or directory $ a=$( { <missing 2> /dev/null; } ) -bash: missing: No such file or directory $... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect STDOUT & STDERR to file and then on screen

Dear all, redirecting STDOUT & STDERR to file is quite simple, I'm currently using: Code: exec 1>>/tmp/tmp.log; exec 2>>/tmp/tmp.log But during script execution I would like the output come back again to screen, how to do that? Thanks Luc edit by bakunin: please use CODE-tags like the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmonk1
6 Replies
JACK-STDOUT(1)						      General Commands Manual						    JACK-STDOUT(1)

NAME
jack-stdout - write JACK audio data to stdout SYNOPSIS
jack-stdout [OPTIONS] port1 [ port2 ...] DESCRIPTION
jack-stdout captures audio from JACK and writes raw data to standard-output. The number of given ports detemine the number of audio channels that are used. If more than one channel is given, the audio-sample data will be interleaved. OPTIONS
-b, --bitdepth BITS Specify the bit-depth of each sample. For integer-encoding this can be 16 or 24. The default is 16. This setting is only used for integer encoding: Floating-point samples will always be 32 bit wide. -d, --duration SEC Specify the time for which jack-stdout should run in seconds. A value less than 1 means to run indefinitely. The default is 0. -e, --encoding FORMAT Set the output format of the data: signed-integer, unsigned-integer, floating-point (default: signed) -h, --help Print a brief usage information -L, --little-endian Write little-endian data or native-byte-order float (this is the default) -B, --big-endian Output big-endian data or swap the byte-order of floating-point -q, --quiet Inhibit usual output. This affects information and buffer-overflow warnings but not setup-errors. -S, --bufsize SAMPLES Choose the internal buffer-size in samples. The default size is 65536. The given value will be multiplied by the number of channels and bit-depth to get the size of the ring-buffer. EXAMPLES
jack-stdout xmms_0:out_1 xmms_0:out_2 | mono ~/Desktop/Downloads/JustePort.exe - 10.0.1.6 0 jack-stdout -b 24 -e unsigned -B system:capture_1 system:capture_2 | sox -t raw -r 48k -e unsigned -b 24 -B -c 2 - /tmp/recording.wav jack-stdout system:capture_1 system:capture_2 | oggenc -r -R 48000 -B 16 -C 2 - > /tmp/recording.ogg jack-stdout system:capture_1 | oggenc -r -R 48000 -B 16 -C 1 - | oggfwd -p -n "my live stream" localhost 5900 hackme live.ogg AUTHOR
Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org>. SEE ALSO
http://jackaudio.org/, 29 March 2011 JACK-STDOUT(1)