Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Numbering, copying and replacing strings Post 302555732 by leaf on Thursday 15th of September 2011 12:02:52 PM
Old 09-15-2011
thanks! the only problem now is keeping the original format of the file, 'cos it seems all messed up!
cheers

L.

---------- Post updated at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:47 PM ----------

I think it is due to the use of the "while" command, isn't it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying strings...

hey i want to know the unix command for copying 1 string to another and allso adding a third string to the result. for eg: a b="nbno" c="uioio" i want to copy contents of b to a and the append the contents of c to the contents of a and the result shud be in string a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priya_9patil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in csv file.

Hi, I have a problem.. 1) I have a file that contains the lines as below : VRF-TM_DummyLab/mse02.lab,mse02.lab,ge-2/0/7.222 VRF-EMS_HUAWEI_MSAN_208/mse01.lab,mse01.lab,xe-1/0/0.208 2) I need a method to read this file, line by line from :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: msafwan82
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

I am trying to take the two line version of this: mv myFile.txt myFile.txt.bak sed 's/foo/bar/g' myFile.txt.bak > myFile.txt and make it into a shell script with three parameters. First two parameters are the string and string replacement and the third is file. So far this is what I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordonheimer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Strings in a File

I have a input file which looks like this: Value1="" Value2="" Value3="" ListOfValues=" $Value1 $Value2 $Value3" I have another program which computes the values ($val1, $val2, $val3). So if $val1 is 'A', $val2 is 'B' and $val3 is 'C', I should edit the input file so it will look like:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Strings in a File

I have a input file which looks like this: Value1="" Value2="" Value3="" ListOfValues=" $Value1 $Value2 $Value3" I have another program which computes the values ($val1, $val2, $val3). So if $val1 is 'A', $val2 is 'B' and $val3 is 'C', I should edit the input file so it will look like:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying of multiple columns of one table to another by mapping with particular strings.

Hi, I would like to copy some columns from a particular file by mapping with the string names. i am using the .csv file format. my one file consist of 100 of columns but i want only particular 4 columns such as ( First_name, Middle_name,Last_name & Stlc). but they are listed in many files... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsh007
15 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

The code below gives the string "test1.txt" even though "tessdsdt" does not match "test1.txt". I would like to return "" if there is no match and return some kind of error that I can capture and decide what to do. echo test1.txt | awk -v src="tessdsdt" -v dst="test" '{sub(src,dst); print}' (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines between two strings

Hello All, I want to copy some lines from one file to other with following condition. Only lines between two specified strings should copy. Example :- "My First String " Some_Other_String .... Some_Other_String .... Some_Other_String .... "My Second String" So only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings in various files

i'm trying to figure out the easiest way to replace a string: pineapple pineapple-reg basketball basketball-reg football foot-reg-ball i'm storing the above in a file called wordstoreplace.txt for each line above, the word in the first column is to be replaced by the word in the second... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing strings

Hello All, I have two files with delimited | file 1 : 1|2|3 11|12|13 22|23|24 and file 2 : 1|4|5|6 11|14|15|16 22|25|26 I want to replace the value '1' in file 2 with the values in file 1 '1|2|3' so the final output will look like 1|2|3|4|5|6 11|12|13|14|15|16 22|23|24|25|26 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ArunKumarM
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)