Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automated FTP without plaintext user/password in script Post 302555523 by semaan on Thursday 15th of September 2011 03:45:08 AM
Old 09-15-2011
thanks a lot , n i will try to find an escape

---------- Post updated at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:10 PM ----------

at my work we're not using yet SFTP , still of ftp so the problem can be resolved or ... ? hope not taking lot of ur time itkamaraj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automated ftp script from unix -date range of files

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koduri0475
1 Replies

2. Programming

Hi , I need some help to finish my ftp script and i need to find the last one weeks of fles updated in the sepecific directory and see those end with Z and ftp them to my backup server. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Ravi :) (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp and user/password

I know the typical way to script automate an ftp session is to pass all of the commands to ftp, with something 'like' the following: echo USER $user echo PASS $pass My question concerns other methods or tricks people have used so that the username and ESPECIALLY the password are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeyg
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed with automated FTP script

Hi, Ok, i'm trying to automate sending a DB backup from a linux box to a remote Windows PC via FTP. I can connect, send the file and create a folder, however I require that the backups be differentiated by date. Here is what my script looks like: open *.*.*.* user username password lcd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leimrod
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated FTP script using .netrc to multiple FTP servers

Hi all, I'm using the following script to automated ftp files to 1 ftp servers host=192.168.0.1 /usr/bin/ftp -vi >> $bkplog 2>&1 <<ftp open $host bin cd ${directory} put $files quit ftp and the .netrc file contain machine 192.168.0.1 login abc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varu0612
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automated SCP script passing password to preserve source file timestamp

Hi My requirement is i want to copy files from remote server to the local server and also i need to preserve the timestamp of the remote file. By using scp -p , it is working fine in the interactive call but it is not preserving he file timestamp when i use it in the non interactive scp call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skumar75
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script to look for files in FTP Server location.

suppose one file comes in one sever location on MOnday.we have to write a script to automatically get that files and put it in different server location. ---------- Post updated at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ---------- Please help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting local server file from automated FTP script

Hi, I want to delete a file on the local server, while connected to remote server through FTP. I am using the below code for this $FTP_CMD -v -n $HOST <<*! >> $LOGFILE 2>&1 user $USER $PASSWORD cd $DIR ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encrypt Plaintext Password?

How do I encrypt a plaintext password that I need hardcoded in a bash script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
3 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat - Adaptor for Net::SFTP compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat; my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat->new($host); $sftp->get("foo", "bar"); $sftp->put("bar", "baz"); use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat ':supplant'; my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host); DESCRIPTION
This package is a wrapper around Net::SFTP::Foreign that provides an API (mostly) compatible with that of Net::SFTP. Methods on this package are identical to those in Net::SFTP except that Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes::Compat objects have to be used instead of Net::SFTP::Attributes. If the ":supplant" tag is used, this module installs also wrappers on the "Net::SFTP" and Net::SFTP::Attributes packages so no other parts of the program have to modified in order to move from Net::SFTP to Net::SFTP::Foreign. Setting defaults The hash %Net::SFTP::Foreign::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::SFTP::Foreign methods called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SFTP API. The entries currently supported are: new => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign constructor. get => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::get method. put => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::put method. ls => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::ls method. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008, 2011 Salvador Fandin~o All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)