Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: position change
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting position change Post 302555504 by itkamaraj on Thursday 15th of September 2011 02:02:37 AM
Old 09-15-2011
Code:

$2=$2"|"$NF; # replacing the $2 value with $2 + "|" + $NF (last column value)
For loop # to print all the values except last value ( condition is i < NF)

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Position of word character

Hi, I have following format in file aaa with content below, and would like to seek help from forumer about how to change and swap the position on 2nd field. 5874957|901125| 95874960|650614| 95874966|870308| 901125 to be changed as 25-11-1990 for eg Can someone help please ?? :) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a segment in a particular position

I need help in removing a leading zero in a particular position. For eg.: XYZ*04567472*0099*020091231*0123*0.12 In the above line, I want to replace "*0123" with "123" and "0.12" with ".12". I want to remove the leading zero only in position number 4 and 5 (the bolded segments) I was able... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthmm
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change many columns position/order

Hi everyone, Please some help over here. (I´m using cygwing) I have files with 40 columns and 2000 lines in average. I´m trying to change the order position as follow. Original columns position:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from n position to n position sed/awk

I want to remove text from nth position to nth position couple of times in same line my line is "hello is there anyone can help me with this question" I need like this ello is there anyone can help me with question 'h' is removed and 'this' removed from the line. I want to do this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change a character based on its position number

Hi I have a text file that I want to change some of the characters based on their position. My file contain multiple lines and characters should be counted continuously line by line. For example, I want to convert the 150th T to C. What can I do? Here is a portion of my file:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change text at a variable position

Hi there script guru's I have an input file /tmp/in.txt of which the data is seperated by a : (example of the data) test1:zz:2000:2000:zzz te:a:2000:3333:bbb testabs:x:2004:3000:cccc I would like to run a scrip (bash) changing the data after the second ":" example Test for the value of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KobusE
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command or script to print all lines from 2nd position to last but one position

hi guys, i want command or script to display the content of file from 2nd position to last but one position of a file abcdefghdasdasdsd 123,345,678,345,323 434,656,656,656,656 678,878,878,989,545 4565656667,65656 i want to display the same above file without first and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete columns with a specific title XXX, where the position change in each file

Goodmorning, I know how to cut a string and a column, and how to find a word. I have a file with over 100 columns. All columns have a title in the first line. I have to delete all columns with the XXX title. I can't use cut -f because the position of XXX columns change in each file, and in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
secure_sid_scripts(5)						File Formats Manual					     secure_sid_scripts(5)

NAME
secure_sid_scripts - controls whether setuid and setgid bits on scripts are honored VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values DESCRIPTION
This tunable controls whether and bits on executable scripts have any effect. Honoring on scripts make a system vulnerable to attack by malicious users. The default value for this variable is 1, indicating that bits are to be ignored by the execve(2) system call for higher security. The tunable can be set to 0 for a compatibility with older releases at the expense of security. Hewlett-Packard strongly recommends that you not change the value of this tunable unless there is an urgent need to do so. When a script with bits is executed, the kernel generates the following error message to both the terminal controlling and the system log. (To view the error message, use dmesg(1M) or inspect Who is Expected to Change This Tunable? Administrator. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect for new scripts started after the change. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Changed? This tunable controls operational modes rather than data structure sizes and limits. The appropriate setting for a system depends on whether you consider security or compatibility to be most important. A value of is compatible with previous releases of HP-UX, but it is also less secure. A value of provides security against race condition attacks exploiting scripts. What Are the Side Effects of Changing the Value This tunable controls only executable scripts (not programs) with bit set. HP-UX does not ship with any such scripts. If the customer wishes to use scripts, third party applications such as or can be used. Alternatively, the shell script can be wrapped in a simple C pro- gram that runs the shell script with appropriate permissions: What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
None. All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at FILES
AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
chmod(1), execve(2), kctune(1M). Tunable Kernel Parameters secure_sid_scripts(5)