Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: position change
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting position change Post 302555495 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 15th of September 2011 01:36:58 AM
Old 09-15-2011
How about this:

Code:
echo "a|b|c|d|test|123|same" | awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS="|"} { $3=$NF;NF--;print }'

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Position of word character

Hi, I have following format in file aaa with content below, and would like to seek help from forumer about how to change and swap the position on 2nd field. 5874957|901125| 95874960|650614| 95874966|870308| 901125 to be changed as 25-11-1990 for eg Can someone help please ?? :) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a segment in a particular position

I need help in removing a leading zero in a particular position. For eg.: XYZ*04567472*0099*020091231*0123*0.12 In the above line, I want to replace "*0123" with "123" and "0.12" with ".12". I want to remove the leading zero only in position number 4 and 5 (the bolded segments) I was able... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthmm
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change many columns position/order

Hi everyone, Please some help over here. (I´m using cygwing) I have files with 40 columns and 2000 lines in average. I´m trying to change the order position as follow. Original columns position:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from n position to n position sed/awk

I want to remove text from nth position to nth position couple of times in same line my line is "hello is there anyone can help me with this question" I need like this ello is there anyone can help me with question 'h' is removed and 'this' removed from the line. I want to do this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change a character based on its position number

Hi I have a text file that I want to change some of the characters based on their position. My file contain multiple lines and characters should be counted continuously line by line. For example, I want to convert the 150th T to C. What can I do? Here is a portion of my file:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change text at a variable position

Hi there script guru's I have an input file /tmp/in.txt of which the data is seperated by a : (example of the data) test1:zz:2000:2000:zzz te:a:2000:3333:bbb testabs:x:2004:3000:cccc I would like to run a scrip (bash) changing the data after the second ":" example Test for the value of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KobusE
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need command or script to print all lines from 2nd position to last but one position

hi guys, i want command or script to display the content of file from 2nd position to last but one position of a file abcdefghdasdasdsd 123,345,678,345,323 434,656,656,656,656 678,878,878,989,545 4565656667,65656 i want to display the same above file without first and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a string at a particular position and replace with blank based on position

Hi, I have a file with multiple lines(fixed width dat file). I want to search for '02' in the positions 45-46 and if available, in that lines, I need to replace value in position 359 with blank. As I am new to unix, I am not able to figure out how to do this. Can you please help me to achieve... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradhikshan
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete columns with a specific title XXX, where the position change in each file

Goodmorning, I know how to cut a string and a column, and how to find a word. I have a file with over 100 columns. All columns have a title in the first line. I have to delete all columns with the XXX title. I can't use cut -f because the position of XXX columns change in each file, and in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: echo manolis
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in any quote position and then change the words

hi, i need to replace all words in any quote position and then need to change the words inside the file thousand of raw. textfile data : "Ninguno","Confirma","JuicioABC" "JuicioCOMP","Recurso","JuicioABC" "JuicioDELL","Nulidad","Nosino" "Solidade","JuicioEUR","Segundo" need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benjietambling
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)