Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Beginner Need Help on perl input Post 302555333 by guidely on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 12:31:45 PM
Old 09-14-2011
Beginner Need Help on perl input

Hi, I am beginner perl input I just want to know if I want to make a program that let user input a function such as input " < value " List all files that are less than value The current directory is used. eg input " < 5" list all file that less than 5 in current directory until user input "quit"

how can I get sperate value from < in user input

so here my code for user input two sperate input in once line

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

print " Welcome to advance search function";

$func = "";

while (( $func ne "quit\n" ) && ( $func2 = "exit\n" ))
{
    print " Enter advance search function :";
    $func = <STDIN>; $func2 = <STDIN>;

}
print " return to main menu \n";

Thank

Last edited by pludi; 09-14-2011 at 07:36 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting input from perl

Hi, i have just tried something in perl #!/path/to/perl print "login: "; $login = <STDIN>; print "\npassword: "; $password = <STDIN>; print "Username=$login\n"; print "Password=$password\n"; And it doesnt work, anyone know how i can get more than one line? Cheers, Elfyn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emcb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Silent Input

I would like to use the WWW::Mechanize module to access a webpage that is password-protected. I was wondering if there was a way to make the input silent when asked from the script. For example: What is your password: <password> Where <password> is where you put your password, but is silent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightysix
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner for Perl

Hi, I'm new in Perl. Can anyone recommend me any e-book which is good for beginners? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raul15791
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(Beginner) Run c++ .exe with input to file

Hi, I've got this requirement for my homework assignment, but I'm not sure how to meet it: In the comamnd line, I need to type $ <exec-file> <input> <output_file_name> Like: test 1+2 out.txt Which should execute test.exe passing in 1+2 and directing output to out.txt. I know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JustinT
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - pass shell-vars into perl for input loop

I need to process a file line-by-line using some value from a shell variable Something like:perl -p -e 's/$shell_srch/$shell_replace/g' input.txt I can't make the '-s' work in the '-p' or '-n' input loop (or couldn't find a syntaxis.) I have searched and found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner Perl help Please

Hi I am trying to generate random names using perl script. First let me post my code #!/usr/bin/perl my $name; my @charset = (('A'..'Z'), ('a'..'z')); my $range = $#charset + 1; print "Enter the limit\n"; $lim = <STDIN>; until ($lim == 0){ for (1..8) { $name .=... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input - Perl need Help

If I want all user input to start with " : " if not display error or what I asking is how to do if statement that control a first letter of string that we want to start with. and not worry about the rest Thank (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guidely
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

user input in perl?

Please tell me how to write a perl script that asks the user to enter words and that passes them to a variable. In bash, the "read" command would achieve such user interaction. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter files: " vFiles However, I am looking for perl version of something equivalent... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LessNux
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

silent Input in PERL

Hello Experts, I am learning perl. I know ksh/bash/csh... In ksh I use to do this way... to read user input in silent mode so that nothing returns on the screen. stty -echo read -r pswd stty echo Please let me know the way in perl how to do it. Here are my OS and Perl Details... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: explorer007
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in parsing an input in perl

I am executing a command it is returning me something like this name ip port ------------------------------------ http-listener-1 * 6712 http-listener-2 * 8709 I have a subroutine getListenerName($porttobeChecked) This subroutine returns me the name of the listener if i pass a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javaholics
4 Replies
KSSHELL(1)						      General Commands Manual							KSSHELL(1)

NAME
ksshell -- an interactive kickstart shell SYNOPSIS
ksflatten [-i | --input INFILE] [-o | --output OUTFILE] [-v | --version VERSION] DESCRIPTION
ksshell is an interactive kickstart shell. It optionally takes an input kickstart file as the basis, allows the user to specify additional kickstart commands, and then writes out the finished kickstart file to stdout or the given file name. This program supports all the usual readline niceties including tab completion of kickstart commands and their options, though not the values those options can take. In addition to understanding all the kickstart commands, ksshell has some builtin commands of its own to make working with kickstart files in the context of a shell easier: .clear Clear the existing kickstart data, including any from INFILE. This essentially starts you over from a blank state. .quit Quit the interactive shell, either saving to the file given by OUTFILE or printing to stdout if none was given. .show Print the current kickstart file state. EXIT STATUS
ksflatten returns 0 on success, and 1 if VERSION is incorrect. If INFILE does not exist, a warning will be printed but the user will still be dumped to the interactive shell. OPTIONS
-i, --input INFILE The name of the input kickstart file. -o, --output OUTFILE Write the flattened kickstart file to OUTFILE, or stdout if no filename is given. -v, --version VERSION Use this version of kickstart syntax when processing the file, or the latest if no version is given. SEE ALSO
ksvalidator (1), ksverdiff (1) KSSHELL(1)