Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux nautilus set as default filemanager howto Post 302555318 by cokedude on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 11:50:39 AM
Old 09-14-2011
nautilus set as default filemanager howto

A quick howto on how to set nautilus as your default filemanager.

Add this line to the file below. This is for user settings

Code:
inode/directory=nautilus.desktop

Code:
vi ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list

This is for global settings.

Code:
ls /usr/share/applications | grep nautilus

Check the inode/directory line for nautilus.desktop. If its not there add it.
Format for this file
Code:
inode/directory=nautilus.desktop;

Code:
vi /usr/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

Format for this file
Code:
inode/directory=nautilus.desktop

Code:
vi /usr/share/applications/defaults.list

I know this is ubuntu but its still helpful.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DefaultFileManager

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic in Nautilus

Well. Again. I have followed all the instructions in the Russian localization HOWTO and I am able to type in Russian and read it correctly in most programs such as Firefox, email and so on. However in the Nautilus file viewer, I get only ________ marks. I've seen some packages for Russian... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Levenson
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help howto make a script for Set SNOOP run for 5 minutes

Hi all, I want to monitoring my interface every 6 hours where i want to run snoop command to capture all packet through the interface, so i want running snoop then snoop will run for 5 minutes after that snoop stop then will start again after 6 hours than run for 5 minutes again. thereis any... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tindasz
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

auto change filemanager folder colors dependent on location in directory hierarchy

Hello, Is it possible to make a file manager use different "colored folders" when browsing specific directories? For example, if I open a gnome file manager and browse my windows share at, smb://192.168.1.101/z/ , can I make those folders appear green? And when I open another instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bz43
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto set string variable in TCL?

Anyone knows how to set variable in TCL ? let say i have a password variable and it will have different values. set variable and variable has different values like: xxxx yyyy zzzz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Nautilus..launcher!!

Ha!! i am on ubuntu 11.04..i was customizing it the other day!!(applying themes,icons,conky and the likes..)..now i realize that the the "Create launcher..." option you get when you right click on the desktop doesn't create a new launcher!! :(...i checked the global menu under file..only to realize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launching Nautilus with a set of files ??

Hello , I am trying to create a layer of file-tagging trough bash scripting and tlc/tk . I have almost everything ready only needs to be able to launch nautilus (the gnome file manager) with a regular expresion; when searching information in internet with "script and nautilus", i only find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trutoman
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)